“Travels In Wine....not so much” 1 of 5 stars

Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Georgia
“Travels In Wine....not so much”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We had a reservation for Friday April 19th for a tour of several wineries in the Hendersonville area for my fiance's birthday. At 6 pm on Thursday, Travels in Wine called to say the group we had been put with cancelled and our tour was cancelled as well. While we were given an opportunity to reschedule, we had already planned a weekend getaway with a hotel reservation.
To top it off, we booked through Living Social so Travels in Wine could not refund our money.
I bet if I cancelled less than 24 hrs. before the tour Travels in Wine would have kept most of my fee.

Visited April 2013
TravelsInWine, Owner at Travels in Wine Day Tours, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
We have a very strict policy, that many tour companies adhere to and that is if we have less than 6 people scheduled on one of our public tours that you will be rescheduled to a different day. This is listed on our website as well as is explained at the time of booking.

We do offer private tours any day of the week for any amount of people and this was explained as well as well as many other options offered to them to reschedule as quickly as possible. 99% of our tours are booked well in advance and very few fall below the minimum. We sincerely hate when that happens and try to make as many possible options available as possible. We pride our self on our customer service, as it is very important to us to take care of every single customer from the time of booking to the the time they leave after their tour.

Monroe, North Carolina
“Do Not Waste Your Money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My fiance and myself planned this trip months in advance and booked a hotel for 1 night. The night before we were to leave the next morning, at 6:00, they call and tell us our tour has been cancelled. This was a birthday gift to me, we are so disappointed. I don't understand how they can call us a few hours before we are to leave and cancel. We had to plan for time off from work and they made it sound like "well you can reschedule this day and that day", who's to know they won't cancel again. I am so disappointed, I could cry. Unless you don't mind last minute cancellations, don't plan a tour with this company!!!!!!

Visited April 2013

lexington, s.c.
“Wonderful Wine Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This tour was so much fun with beautiful scenery and wonderful hosts. We learned so much about wine and how it is made. Kimberlee and the vinyard owners have so much knowledge about wine that the 6 hours was over before we knew it. The lunch that we had on the grounds of one of the wineries was enjoyable and relaxing. We decided to stay over in Hendersonville to enjoy the downtown area after the tour. I can't wait to go on the new tour from Charlotte that Kimberly has started. I definitely recommend this tour. Debbie Redman

Visited June 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great tour but wine was disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I will begin this review by saying I do not consider myself a wine connoisseur, but I do love wine and I have been to multiple vineyards, wineries, classes, and wine tours. My husband and I even travelled to Chile earlier this year and spent seven days tours vineyards and wineries in the Santiago area.

Paul was our tour guide and while not overly engaged he was a kind and thoughtful host. We actually began our tour at his winery, Falderal, and frankly he had the best wine of any that we tasted. He offered a very unique creation that he calls Planchette White that is mild and has a citrus flavor. I think it would be an excellent wine to serve with brunch if mimosas are not on the menu. We brought home a bottle.

After we left Falderal, we headed out to the countryside to see the rest of the vineyards and wineries. The drive was beautiful. Afterall, it was October in the North Carolina mountains. The vineyards were spectacular, but the wine left much to be desired. Sadly there were few to no buckets to dump out samples that were unpleasant. I found myself chugging down samples and quickly following them with water to rinse away the taste. It brought back many unhappy childhood memories of choking down medicine. Instead of focusing on the poor wine though, we focused our attention on the gorgeous weather we were enjoying and the fun people we met on the trip. We ended the day with pleasant memories but only one bottle of wine to take home.

I can say I will not be participating in anymore wine tours of North Carolina, but I'm glad that we took the trip. Otherwise I may always wonder if I missed out on the opportunity to experience great wine from my own backyard! Now I know and I know to avoid North Carolina wine as it does not suite my taste.

Visited October 2012
Etowah, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
“Boo-tiful Tour!! Halloween Wine Tour - 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

There were 6 of us that had signed up for the Halloween wine tour. We were greeted by a lovely and friendly Kimberlee who entertained us thruogh the evening - with facts and a few ghosts stories. Each of the wineries we visited were unique in their presentations and wine tasting venues - all were Great! The wine was wonderful - with some very unique flavors. We finished with a bon fire at Over Mountain Wineries. All in all, we had a wonderful experience and will DEFINITELY do this again. Thanks to all who made it a "BOO"-tiful evening!

Visited September 2012