“Raised from the dead” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Raised from the dead”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I used to eat at Mezzaluna a lot, but got bored with it because the menu never changed. After a while, the service and the appearance of the restaurant started to slip too, so I just stopped going altogether. Lately though, I'd noticed some new dishes on the posted menu and some decent reviews here, so today I stopped in for lunch. My blackened catfish sandwich hit the spot, but the real star was the fresh Brussels sprouts sauteed with pancetta that I chose as my included side. I was expecting frozen, and would have been okay with that. They tasted great, too, with plenty of pancetta chunks in evidence. I'll be dragging my husband back soon for dinner -- on a Thursday, when wine is half price.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Robert M, Manager at Mezzaluna, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
LaurelParker, we are happy to have you back and hope to not lose you again. We make minor changes to our menu twice a year: once in the winter, and once in the spring. Our goal is to keep the menu fresh but still keep the items that people know and crave. Hope to see you soon.

Hendersonville, North Carolina, United States
“Wow. Pizza place very special!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

The service was great from the moment my sons & I walked in. The food service was very quick & surprisingly the food was marvelous. They started with free bread. & I loved the pesto butter. Best wood fired pizza I've ever had & I am a pizza freak. On top of that the desserts were amazing. My son & I shared tiramisu & creme brûlée. Both were perfect!! My new FAV in downtown Hoorerville as we locals call Hendersonville. Worth the trip!!

Robert M, Manager at Mezzaluna, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you, Meleah B. Our locals are the foundation of this business and we would not be here without you. Our staff in the kitchen and dinning room take pride in what they do, making this kind of praise priceless. Hope to see you soon.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Great burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Great burger can have it rare if you want good flavor very large almost enough to share fries were good to but I left a few cause I didn't want to miss a bite of the burger lol

Robert M, Manager at Mezzaluna, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Yellowbug44, you had a burger at Black Rose Public House, not Mezzaluna. You were clearly sent into a euphoric state by the best burger in town. Black Rose will love it if you re-post your review on Trip Advisor under their restaurant listing. After that, come by and have a great pizza at Mezzaluna. See you soon.
Ashville area
“Service a real disappointment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

A friend and I went in for a late lunch at 2 pm and there were 4 tables other than ourself. We were greeted and seated immediately and then the wait began. After sitting down, we waited a full 5 minutes and still no water or request for an order. I flagged a gal that was leaning on her elbows talking to the chef and she responded: "you're server is such and such". The server did come and waited on us with no applogy and average service. Are there managers on board or do restaurants run by themself? If the other gal was a bartender or a fellow server she could have welcomed us and told us the other server would be right with us, water would have been a bonus. Staff need to support each other. We had an appetizer and left. There are 10 great restaurants along the Main Street looking for business. Normally service is excellent as is the food, this day was a real disappointment.

• Visited January 2013
Robert M, Manager at Mezzaluna, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
We certainly let our guard down and more importantly we let you down. We take feedback both good and bad very seriously and we will use this review as an opportunity to better the business and our performance. Please visit again and do not hesitate to say "Hello".
Easley, South Carolina, United States
“We ate here by accident”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

What a great find! We were looking for a restaurant to take a long-time friend for her birthday. We used to go to Poplar Lodge but that has closed. The service was great (thank you, Sarita) and the food was, too (thank you, chef). Two of us had the Chicken Marsala, another had Grilled Peppercorn Tuna and another had the Grilled Salmon. We all were pleased. I don't usually have dessert but I split a tiramisu with our guest. She was most impressed that they used mascarpone cheese rather than some substitute cheese. We tried to make a reservation but needed 7 for that. The four of us were seated when we arrived at 7 on a Saturday night.

• Visited January 2013