“A real hidden gem” 4 of 5 stars

Description: The phone number is (828) 697-2266
Description: The phone number is (828) 697-2266
“A real hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Wow! A hot dog that is finally a hot dog! These are not your run of the mill dogs - Natural casing and grilling makes them a step above anything else in the area. Warm, soft buns and a variety really good additions make this place a definite go-to place for hot dogs.
Their menu is not limited to dogs and burgers though. The owner used to run a seafood restaurant up north and he now offers a good variety of hand breaded seafood and the like. I walked in past the sign that offered a lobster roll for sale. I thought to myself, "no way would I buy a lobster roll in a hot dog shop" but after seeing the cleanliness of their operation, tasting the rest of their food, and talking to them, I have to go back and give it a try. This place is a real hidden gem.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Flat Rock, North Carolina
“As they say, it's a great hot dog”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The food is fresh and tasty. I've never understood why nearby Hot Dog World gets so much more business. They also have a wide variety of sea food. Give it a try some time.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Hot Dog or Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This trip had the clam strips, very good! Our friends had the chicken tenders and cheeseburger. Everyone enjoyed their food, including the natural cut fries. Great place to visit.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

very very good hotdogs perfect for that good hotdog craving. the red pepper relish is excellent our favorite place to have a hotdog and fries.

Visited October 2012
“Verbal Assault”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I went to the great American Hotdog today, the day after elections. After going I realized that I must this story out. As soon as I walked through the door the owner immediately started in with her political views. I ignored most of them because I wanted to avoid political debating and just enjoy my hotdogs. However, one statement she made that I couldn't let slide was an inaccurate representation of our military and it's working. I am a veteran, I fought in war, and I don't appreciate someone using bull crap data to make their political views seem more applicable. God, do I regret disagreeing with her, for the next 10 minutes after that she verbally assaulted me. She would ask a question, when I tried to answer it, she would cut me off and ask another. I couldn't make a point because I kept getting cut off and she even went as far as to ask me about my family status and how much do I pay in taxes... I have never been so appalled in terms of customer service, behavior, and in general business tactics. It's a matter of tact, if you disagree with someone's point of view that's one thing, but to verbally assault your customer because you don't share their point of view is just ridiculous. I for one will never eat at this restaurant again and hope that I deter any who read this to avoid their restaurant and join my boycott. With any luck this outrageously poor behavior will be thinned from our great state through natural selection... Maybe then we can return to a state of polite behavior and good personal tact.

• Visited November 2012