One of the good things about the giant chains such as McDonald’s or Walmart is that when you are in unfamiliar territory, far from home, you can depend on the chains because they are pretty much the same wherever you go. They may not be the greatest but neither are they the worst, and if you don’t like surprises, they are a safe bet.
One of the first things Best Western desk clerk “Bob” wanted us to know is that Best Western is America’s largest motel chain, and frankly, that was why we pulled into the Best Western in Henderson North Carolina: we figured it was a safe bet.
Noisy all night long, someone was hosing down things outside our room between 1am and 2am.
Unclean, not filthy, just grey and tired.
Owners Scott and Deborah -- must be having a bad year because they have their employees doing so many things “on the cheap.”
1. No free USAToday at breakfast
2. No protein at breakfast except for hard boiled eggs everything else was starch
3. Day-old or older pastries
4. Unbranded syrup in a sticky plastic jar
5. My wife of 46 years had the temerity to take two of the flimsy foam plates (knowing one might easily break) and the person in charge of the breakfast area summarily took the second plate away and put it back on the stack. The lady said “Oh! I think you took three plates, I have to have two of them back.” My wife had taken two and she surrendered one to the hostess (?).
If the motel is representative of America’s largest motel chain, they won’t be the largest for long.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Hendersonville Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hendersonville Hotel Hendersonville
- Hendersonville Best Western