“Eat lunch there about once a week” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 160 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Coffee Shop, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We are a mom and pop operation. Sue Green is mom and Ben Green is pop and we offer classic breakfast items, custom sandwiches and salads for lunch, and steak, seafood, etc for dinner. Please join us for a semi-fine dining experience in a casual atmosphere.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Eat lunch there about once a week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The food is great. Had a fish taco special last week that was by far the best fish taco I've ever had. And I always get the shrimp and corn chowder. Excellent!!! I can personally recommend the St. Charles and Difatta as well. Love the waiter - he's hilarious - and Ben and Sue, the owners, are such sweet people. Oh, and the muffins and iced mocha are scrumptious too!

• Visited October 2013

NC
“Latte and a coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

A cool day in Hendersonville, strolling up/down Main Street on a Sunday in Sept. enjoying the "bears" and waiting for the Mast Bear and we happen upon this spot. A few outside tables in the sun look promising so we go inside to order-A latte for me and a coffee for my mom. The young gentleman on duty is extremely polite and accommodating. He brings our drinks out and proudly displays the design he made with the foam for my latte. He stated that he has been practicing this. As we are thirsty he brings us water in cups with a lid AND a straw. This visit was just a pleasing end to a wonderful trip to Hendersonville.

• Visited September 2013
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Great little spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Came here on the last weekend in July having never been through Hendersonville. What a lovely stroll through some quaint and wonderful shops. Upon deciding to eat lunch we came upon The Green Room and said, "why not?" What a great find! Love the outside seating and the casual laid back atmosphere. Service was good and the vegetarian Cuban was excellent! Tried the beer special and it was yummy too. A great find!

Visited July 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Melt in your mouth pork chops!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

When traveling I like to find places to eat off the beaten path.(little gems)After walking main st I came across The green room.From the moment you walk in ,the staff makes you feel right at home.My server Keith recommended the special witch was a espresso rubbed pork chop with a blue cheese cream sauce topped with warm apples.It was the best thing I have eaten in years!!!Everyone needs to try this place.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“A new favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My lunch at the Green Room today was the best meal I've eaten in Hendersonville recently. My souvlaki wrap was delicious, with just the right balance of tzatziki sauce and well-seasoned pork folded up in a pita that tasted homemade ( though it wasn't -- I asked). The portion size was more than generous. I also appreciated that my side salad was prepared with care -- crisp baby greens, ripe tomatoes, tasty dressing, and a nice topping of cheese shreds. Can't wait to go back for dinner!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ben G, Owner at The Green Room Cafe And Coffee House, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thanks for the review. We appreciate it and most of all we appreciate you as a customer and guest in our business. We look forward to seeing you at dinner as well.
Thanks, Ben & Sue