“best steak ever!!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“best steak ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

wonderful food and great service at amazing price. Mona Lisa's smile is now understood! I recommend this restaurants to everyone in Hendersonville Asheville vicinity.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great steaks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Great food, wonderful personal service! Very nice experience. Excellent steaks and and very good value!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
U>S>A>
“It does not get any better !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Having a wish for italian food while in hendersonville helped by tripadvisor, I chose to visit the Mona Lisa.
The location is the only thing I can say that is not 5 star..It sits behind another small building and perhaps for some would be a reason not to park and enter..I decided to believe in most tripadvisor reviews and try, along with my 6 guests.

Our server was Tina, Tina knew every single bit of the menu, and contents of each dish as well as how it is prepared.

The sauces, pasta's, bread, pizza and dressing are all home made ,I can say really home made..Sauce made fresh daily with real tomatoe's. Finest Italian cheeses..meats and vegetrables were all fresh..No clue where Franco , the owner, was able to purchase the tomatoe's but they were best ';ve had in some time.

I love Italian food, but have an issue being allergic to garlic.. Speaking with Tina about this, she checked with Franco and my luck was that on that day there was no garlic in the sauce, if there had been, Franco would have prepared special sauce for me.

My order was veal parmigina...wow..every bite i enjoyed..the home made pasta and bread were delicious , as was the salad.. all had the same opinion with their satisfaction x 10 with their order..
By the way, Things were somewhat busy but no delay was encountered,Tina was at table many times to check on needs and satisfaction.

It was so good that the next night I went back again, same guests and For me , had to again have veal parmigiana..It is the best I have ever had, including new york and even Italy.

We all passed on desert, frankly because the after taste was so good, we were fine as we were..that said, i am absolutely sure the home made deserts would be worthy of same opinion.

Even the tea was homemade, no powdwr here, and yes glasses, not the plastic garbage used in so many places.

After dinner had a chat with France and his lovely wife, he said if i did come back the next day. as i said i would , he would prepare me fresh sauced sans garlic.

Not fancy, but I can only wih i lived closer and could visit this Mona Lisa many times..any time I am at hendrsonville, which is often,,,I am headed there..Hope Franco's wife will excuse me for forgetting her name but i believe it was marie...not positive about that.
Not fancy, in terms of location ..But go there, you will absolutely not be disappointed..need a special accommodation..no problem and no hassle, they will do as you wish, I truly believe Franco wants ever huest to leave satisfied, full and happy.

Pm me if you wish.

Thomas

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Good pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Food was good but the timing of it was a little off. Our bread came out after the pizza and the pizza came out seconds after the salad. The waitress was extremely friendly and apologetic.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington, Delaware
“Old school real deal Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I am Italian and cook Italian and it is so wonderful to see it still being done as it was and should be. This is real Italian food done right. Everything is made from scratch in house including the pasta which melted in my mouth. Spot on, way to go, keep doing it right. I have been all over the world and this is a great place to enjoy old world food done right. I am so happy that I stopped in. Gratzi