“Relaxing Christmas Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Hendersonville
Raleigh, NC
“Relaxing Christmas Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

Traveling to see relatives in the area for Christmas, we found ourselves in need of lodging. After reading mostly positive reviews on trip advisor, my wife and I decided on this hotel. We were not disappointed.

The location was a couple of miles from the interstate, in a nice, modern building. The rooms were HUGE, almost 2 times the size of a comparible hotel for the same price. The bathroom was small, which is strange given the size of the room itself. The beds were soft, but not overly so. It was very quiet and we enjoyed a wonderful two night stay for a relatively affordable price. The breakfast, while not full-service, was good, especially the waffles.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing lodging in the area. To me, it beats any similiarly priced mid-range rank-and-file hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

This was our 2nd stay here and we were so happy to see that is was all newly refurbished. It looks great! I thought the bed was very comfortable and I loved how they were made. I will say that if you are using the foldout bed as my teenage daughter was, make sure you ask for a mattress pad. That bed was very uncomfortable with an extremely thin mattress (the thinnest I have seen on a fold out). The housekeeping is superb and it was a nice touch how they made my daughter's bed incorporating the throw that she brought. My only complaint was that the hall side of the bathroom door needed cleaning.
The fridge and microwave is a great touch and was good for me because I do not wake up early and since the breakfast ends at 9:30, I was unable to partake during our stay. The wireless was great, but we really wished there were pay for view movies and/or some movie channels.
Also, of note- I had seen s previous review saying the windows did not open. Ours opened just fine.
While this is not in the most picturesque part of town... it is by far the best value, one of the friendliest (on par with The Inn at Church Street), and just about the cleanist. We have stayed at just about every place in town and many cottages and we have decided that this is the place we will return to when we are in town visiting family.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Atanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

I took my wife up for the weekend so we could have a quick get-a-way. I had problems finding a hotel because of the time of year, but this one had great reviews and thought we would give it a try. We were welcomed with a very nice check-in. The hotel was very clean and had plenty of parking. Our room was large, we had a king suite that had a separate area with a sofa and chair in it. While the room was large, it was kinda plain, but very clean. The bathroom was clean and a nice size also. But where we had the issue was the bed. The linens were thin, not from use, just that way and too small. As soon as you got into the bed they were now loose and around you since the sheets were not fitted. I could have gotten by this, but the next morning my back was killing me. Both me and my wife were having issues. After the second night, we got up early to sleep on the sofa. While I will admit I have some back issue, but my wife does not. If you like a softer mattress, this may work for you, but not for us.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 comfortable nights. The hotel is exceptional clean and tastefully decorated.. We had a preferred king suite with refrigerator and microwave. The refrigerator did not have a freezer section. The manager John was very pleasant. Justine the day desk clerk was very friendly , willing to please and willling to make any adjustments needed during the stay .All other staff were very frendly. The hotel provides soap and conditioner shampoo. Both were of good quaility. No lotion or shower caps were in room. I had my own so this was not a problem. The rooms are quiet, could not hear the occupants next door. We had a non smoking room. We did not smell any unpleasant odors. It was nice not having any odors cling to your clothes. Beds were very comfortable, pillows were not exceptional, but adequate . Breakfast was good, batter was available for hot waffles, which smelled so good, We did not prefer waffles, but other guest raved about the waffles. The Mountain Inn Airport is a better value then Hampton Inn which raises prices substantually for October. For a comfortable , pleasant stay for the value, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Orange County
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

To expand on the title, the hotel and rooms were well decorated and quite comfortable and there was a good selection for the breakfast buffet. We were a little surprised to find that the A/C & Heating was from a window unit since as a fairly new hotel you'd think it would have a central system with room thermostats. However, we spent very little time in our room except to sleep so this wasn't a big inconvenience except for having to get up a couple of times to turn the fan on or off as the window was sealed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

We stayed at this hotel based upon excellent reviews. We were very disappointed and found this hotel over rated and overpriced. Bed linen thin and worn, poor lighting in room (in fact the hallway was brighter). Bed lumpy and pillow cases on inside out. Breakfast marginal.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Mountain_Inn_Manager, Manager at Mountain Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2010
I’m very sorry to hear you were disappointed in your stay with us. We take all reviews very seriously and are constantly working to make a better stay for all of our Guests.

We are a little over two years old and all of our Bedding is new, as well as the sheets and towels. I am surprised that you found the bed to feel “lumpy”. We purchased upgraded “Pillow top” mattresses for all of our rooms. We even have numerous guests ask us the brand name so they can purchase for their homes.

Our linen is all new and above standard grade for Hotels in quality and thread count. Yours is also the first complaint we’ve ever had that there was insufficient lighting in our rooms since we opened, but we will certainly look at it again to see if we can make it even better.

While we don’t advertise a full breakfast but a “continental” breakfast, we’re sorry you found that it was only “marginal”. We offer Hot Waffles each morning as well as Cereals, Oatmeal, Grits, Yogurt, fresh Fruit, Bagels, English Muffins, Wheat Bread, Pastries, Fruit Juices, Tea, and Coffee.

Once again we apologize that your stay did not meet with your expectations and I can assure you that we will constantly strive to make sure that all of our Guests’ stay at the Mountain Inn & Suites is a comfortable and pleasant one.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

The Hampton Inn was full and they recommended this hotel. I made a reservation with my AAA card and they told me the rate would be $79.00 plus tax. It was much cheaper than the Hampton Inn and the hotel is new (clean) and in great condition. I thought this hotel was comparable to a Hampton Inn and they even had a continental breakfast. Wow what a deal. I would call them 1st next time before I would call another hotel.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Mountain Inn & Suites Airport? Share your experiences!