“Everything we hoped for” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   447 Naples Road, Hendersonville, NC 28792   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Hendersonville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
2hotrods
“Everything we hoped for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

After reading all the complimentery reviews, we decided to take a chance, and stay here. As soon as we walked into the marbled floor lobby we felt good about our decision. The hotel manager was at the front desk, and he greeted us like we were company, not just paying guest. At breakfast one morning we didn't see any bananas, so we asked the manager if he had any more. He didn't , so he went out and bought some. That's the way we were treated the whole time we were there.

The hotel is out by itself, away from the hustle bustle that normally surround hotels, but it's convenient to restaurants and other places you visit when traveling. Our king room was spacious, clean and very quiet. And one of the best parts of our experience was the price. The room rate was about half of what we normally pay for a comparable room in the chain hotel where we usually stay. It really is everything we hoped it would be. We'll definately stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Byron Center, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

We've stayed in many, many hotels on our way to and from our son's home in FL to our home in MI; and this hotel was by far the best in every category.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2008

My wife and I spent this last weekend in Asheville and stayed at the Mountain Inn and Suites. The hotel is about a 15-20 minute drive from both Biltmore and downtown Hendersonville. We were impressed at the newness of the Inn. The rooms were clean and the suite was fantastic at the price. There is a basic free breakfast as well that was sufficient for us. There were even bags of free local apples which were delicious. The room also had free wireless and some flat screens with high def in the room. Lastly, the room was quiet which was wonderful. I would stay again.

• Liked — price and modern facility
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2008

My sister and I just stayed at Mountain Inn & Suites over Thanksgiving weekend. We were both really impressed with this place. It was very clean, comfortable (the pillow-top beds were great!), and lots of attention to details like good soaps, curved shower curtain bar, easily accessible electrical outlets. The coffee maker even had a timer! The rooms were nicely decorated, and had a comfortable office type chair at the desk. When we turned on the heat, it was very quiet . . . a great change from the place we stayed the previous night where the heater rattled away all night. And did I mention the flat screen TV!!! That was a treat.

The location is between Asheville and Hendersonville, very easy access right off the highway. The staff was very friendly. Much better quality than many places where I've paid significantly higher prices. This is a hidden gem, and a great value for your money.

I definitely expect to return to this place in future travel.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Forest, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2008

I've never before reviewed a hotel online, but I feel a need to tell everyone how great this place is! My husband and I just spent two nights there in November 2008, and I can't say enough good things about this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and involved, obviously not just there to "do a job". The hotel is clean and new, with beautiful shiney marble floors in the lobby and breakfast area. The staff takes care of you during breakfast, restocking food and even offering to cook and "deliver" your belgian waffles to you. The breakfast was perfect for us, but the only thing "hot" was the belgian waffles, so if you're looking for a huge spread of hot breakfast foods, you won't find it here. Check-in and check-out couldn't have been quicker or easier. Although the hotel might have some "smoking" rooms, I never smelled smoke during our stay. I'm allergic to cigarette smoke and very sensitive to smell, so this was important to me. The room (queen) was very spacious, nicely decorated, and spotless. The bathroom was quite roomy, with a nice granite counter (large) and shower walls, and an abundance of clean towels for the two of us. Great water pressure in the shower, too! Our room was very quiet. During our entire stay, the only noise I heard from our room came from the hallway when a rowdy family was checking into their room during the night. Parking was convenient and free. The hotel is one minute from the highway (very convenient), but on a secluded side road, so you'd never know it was there unless you were specifically looking for it. The hotel is only about 10-15 minutes from Asheville and Hendersonville. I made reservations online through hotel-guides, and the total price for two nights, including taxes and everything, was under $160. I called the hotel to make reservations directly, but the price was $40 or $50 more, so I opted for hotel-guides. I think expedia had the same low price. It was a fantastic hotel for this price, and I will definitely stay there again when I am in the area.

• Liked — Clean and spacious, great staff, great price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

I travel all over the western part of NC and stay in a lot of hotels, but this was by far, the best hotel I have ever stayed in. It is so clean and the decor is beautiful. The staff was the friendliest staff I have ever encountered and would see you and call you by your name. The flat screen TV was wonderful and the coffee pot in the room allowed you to program it to be ready when you awakened for the day. The soap in the bathroom smelled luxurious. It was very affordable and so easy to locate. It is tucked away on a mountain side and after a long day working, the atmosphere was so serene, I couldn't wait to get back to the room. I will definitely stay at this location again and again.

• Liked — Friendliness of staff and cleanliness of facility
  • Disliked — Liked it all!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2008

Motel is tucked away in the woods...brand new, squeaky clean and very homey as to decor and feel...both in lobby and in the rooms. Staff is most friendly I have ever encountered. Rooms are extra large and very nice. Flat screen TV is nice and wireless access worked fine...even in the woods. From now on I will stay only here on trips to the area.

• Liked — homey feel, newness, cleanliness
  • Disliked — na
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Mountain Inn & Suites Airport? Share your experiences!