“THE best bakery...Ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Takeout
Athens, Georgia
“THE best bakery...Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

McFarlan's is a unique bakery that will take you back to the days of fabulous food at fabulous prices. Their cinnamon roll is the best I've ever had and their bear claw is to die for. Great service and amazing pastries, cookies, pies, cakes...the list goes on and on. Don't miss it!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Asheville, North Carolina
“Husband's favorite bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

He thinks they make the best creme horns. Very fresh and great tasting creme inside. Wish they stayed open longer so we could pick up goodies later in the evening. Check them out you will love them too. They are right on Main Street and easy to find. Parking however leaves something to be desired.

Visited July 2014
Orlando, FL
“average tasting cookies, good selection”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The cookies were okay but the selection seemed good. We tried a chocolate chip cookie and peanut butter cookie. The peanut butter cookie didn't have much flavor so I would probably pass on peanut butter next time. Although I am rating this average, I would give it another shot as it may be what I ordered.

They have cookies, cake, pies, donuts, etc. in downtown Hendersonville.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Laurinburg, North Carolina
“Amazing pastries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I went here for the first time based on other trip advisor reviews. I stopped in around 9:30am on Saturday. The bakery was busy. I wasn't able to get a good view of everything in the case (this is my only complaint/suggestion - create a line pattern that allows customers to view all the items before placing their order). When my turn came to order, a very nice middle aged man helped me make my choices. I got 3 muffins (apple, blueberry, orange/cranberry), 3 glazed donuts, 1 blueberry donut, 1 apple streusel, 1 cinnamon roll. If I ever get back here, which I certainly hope I do, I will stick with the more pastry type items. The muffins were just muffins, not over the top special like all of the other items I tried. Everything here looked so good, I wish I could have tried all of the baked goods (cookies, cakes, pies, many other specialties). I will certainly make this a definite stop if I am every within 30 minutes of Hendersonville. Well worth the drive! By the way I got all of this plus a bottle of water for $12.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Everyday is a good day once you've been to McFarlan's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Awesome baked goods - from breads to cakes to the most delicious almond macaroons ever! We have probably tried every cookie they make and they are all good! Service friendly and the owners also provide service for their customers and so it's just a friendly, delicious place to go when one has a sweet tooth! I can't imagine Hendersonville without a visit to McFarlan's Bakery. The owners, Kathy and Mike Cole know what they are doing running the bakery!

Visited July 2014