“Ok for a quick stop along the way” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson/Oxford

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson/Oxford to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson/Oxford
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 North Cooper Drive, Henderson, NC 27536 (Formerly Jameson Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Henderson
Atlanta, Georgia
“Ok for a quick stop along the way”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We stayed via Priceline and received a good rate and expected taxes but are still unclear about what the additional "service charge" was for. Never-the-less, late night in a flash flood along I-85 put us on the hunt. There must have been a fishing tournament near by as the parking lot was full of pickups, boats, and the usual construction vehicles. There was NO parking and we had to park along the curb at the entrance which means everyone in and out was passing by our car. All of this was ok. Then inside, 3rd floor, turn right off of the elevator is smoking, turn left is non smoking. The hallway may has well said smoking anywhere as it was very strong. Inside the room, no smoking odor at all. I don't prefer to walk through it but as the room was odorless, it was ok too. Not happy there was a wet wash cloth in the room or a hair clip on the desk. That left us thinking............hmmmmmm. In the AM, the fisherman were up early so the lot was mostly empty. The breakfast area was still clean and well maintained. I waited for the usual waffle maker batter to be filled but there was other food available. Nothing to be happy about............nor sad. Standard fare at a sub Hampton Inn level. Finally, based on the cost, it was good. I'm not sure this was a 2 1/2 star rating as Priceline gave it as an equivalent to a Hampton but in a pinch I would stay again. It would just not be my preference. In fairness to management, I was asked at checkout, was everything OK and I responded yes. I should have given them this feedback so they have the opportunity to improve. At the price I paid, I was reluctant. Had I paid a bit more, they would have heard more.

Room Tip: Ask for a West facing room as it is on the highway and you do hear the traffic.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Baymont572, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson/Oxford, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing Baymont Inn & Suites. We appreciate the feedback about your stay here in Henderson, NC. We are truly apologetic about the experience during your stay and I would love the opportunity to make that right for you! Please feel free to contact me directly at 252-430-0247. Once again, I'm very sorry about your experience and I look forward to serving you again!

Greg Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Henderson
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was a very disappointing experience. Very noisy late at night, phone not working, no iron, and furniture was not contemporary. I was very uncomfortable, and it did not meet expectations. I could even call the front desk. Had to use my cell phone to call the main number.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Louisburg is my hometown and sometimes I don't want to stay in Raleigh and this hotel is right off of I85. It's convenient to a shops and restaurants. The hotel is decent and have amenities that people would appreciate, like microwave, refrigerator, free light breakfast, and pet friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing Baymont Inn & Suites. We appreciate your kind remarks and feedback about your stay here in Henderson, NC. That feedback helps improve our guest's experience and we thank you. We were happy to be able to provide a pleasant experience for you and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Thanks again!

Midland, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Half the rooms are smoking. I'm a smoker. However, I'd rather not have smoke lingering in the halls and whatnot. I was with a smoker who was older, so I allowed her to pick which type of room she'd rather have. She picked smoking of course. The others stayed in a non-smoking room. Their window opened and ours did not. You'd think the smoking room's window would open... but no. The room seemed dirty and not what I had expected. It obviously hadn't been cleaned well at all. The shower hadn't been cleaned, the window was a mess... I'm not sure it was cleaned much at all. The breakfast is not what I had expected. Yes, there are waffles but other than that you'd get the same as the Days Inn. There was a microwave and fridge. TVs had lots of input options with HDMI and all that. It was right next to food, walmart, bath and body works, dollar store, and department stores.On the third floor, half the hall is smoking and the other half is non-smoking. The halls smell like cigarettes and you have to walk to the middle for the elevator. Overall, not impressed at all with the hotel. I'll try the Hampton Inn next time.

Room Tip: Choice of smoking and non-smoking. Second floor appeared better than third with smell and looks.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

High Point, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Very good overall. Would rate higher, except that this hotel allows both smoking and pets. The overnight lady went out of her way and got me coffee and cereal at 4:30 am, which was very nice of her. Room was clean. Only negative in room was the clock radio, which didn't work. I used phone for alarm and also had a wake up call, so it wasn't a huge deal. Plan to stay there again in near future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Baymont572, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson/Oxford, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing Baymont Inn & Suites. We appreciate your kind remarks and feedback about your stay here in Henderson, NC. We were happy to be able to provide a pleasant experience for you and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Thanks again!

Greg Anderson

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson/Oxford? Share your experiences!