“Needed a stop over spot - great value and friendly staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson/Oxford

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson/Oxford to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson/Oxford
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 North Cooper Drive, Henderson, NC 27536 (Formerly Jameson Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Henderson
Atlanta, Georgia
“Needed a stop over spot - great value and friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012 via mobile

I just needed a stop over spot while driving through North Carolina. This was such a friendly and clean establishment. For the cost I paid...I have absolutely no complaints what so ever!
Price includes a continental breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed January 2012
Jameson105, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson/Oxford, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing Jameson Inns. We appreciate your kind remarks and feedback about your stay here in Henderson, NC. We were happy to be able to provide a pleasant experience for you and your family and look forward to serving you again in the future! Thanks again!

Greg Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the past few years, and it always seems to be a hit or miss. This time was closer to a miss for us. There are the usual pluses - the friendly service, reasonable rate and relatively decent food. However, the room left a lot to be desired. Dust balls hanging from the curtains, dingy white sheets and pillow cases , and worst of all, the blankets looked moth eaten.

The tub was not cleaned daily as there was always hair in the tub, but the shower curtains were adjusted to give the appearance that the tub had been cleaned. Even the writing pad had coffee stains on it. I actually bought a set of sheets so that I would be able to sleep. The carpet needed shampooing and the room smelled of smoke.

I would say the rooms need to be inspected between guests, and that they should invest in better linen. I love this hotel because it is right next to the mall, but if I experience this again, I will have to take Jameson off my list. I was there for a funeral, so I decided to grin and bear it...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Jameson105, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson/Oxford, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. I regret that your stay was not perfect and would love any opportunity to make it up to you. We take great pride in providing clean, comfortable rooms and excellent customer service. I will personally speak to each of our staff members to reinforce our commitment to the standards of Jameson Inns. Once again, I apologize for a less than perfect stay and really appreciate your feedback!

Jameson Inns
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

I really wish there was an option for 2.5 stars. The furniture is cheap, the linens are cheap. There was no closet in our room, the bathroom was extremely tiny, the sink was next to the door (in the main part of the room). The carpet appeared to be very dirty while the walls, etc just had a slight look of grime. The person checking us in was super slow but another person seemed very friendly.
During past trips to the Henderson area, we've stayed at the Hampton Inn and Sleep Inn and found them both to be much better choices. (We also booked the Days Inn once but walked out, refused to stay there).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Jameson105, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson/Oxford, responded to this review, November 2, 2011

Jameson Inns
Summerton, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights recently due to a hurricane evacuation. My choices were limited because I had a dog in tow. I had stayed at a Jameson Inn in NC once before and was happy with it, so I thought I would give this one a try. I had a very good experience even though the place was pretty much full. The hotel is located on a shopping area access road. So when I found out I could easily walk to Penneys, several shoes stores and a Walmart, I was in heaven. It is also close to many food choices and a hospital.

The check in staff person was friendly, knowledgeable, efficient and over 30. The room was well-appointed and except for some spots on the carpet near the door, very clean. The wi-fi worked. The dog walking area was clearly marked and had bags and a trash can. The cleaning staff was friendly and helpful.

If anything was less than great it was the breakfast. The variety and quantity was limited if you did not want a waffle. The dining area was also far too small, so it was not easy to find a seat. Since my room had a microwave, refrigerator and coffee pot, this was not of major concern to me.

I did not get a chance to investigate the local area very much, but after this visit, I would consider it and perhaps also visit Durham. What could have been a terrible trip for me was pleasant due to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Jameson105, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson/Oxford, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
We thank you for choosing Jameson Inns. We appreciate your kind remarks and feedback about your stay here in Henderson, NC. The weather during hurricane Irene displaced quite a few residents. We were happy to be able to provide a pleasant experience for you and your family and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Thanks again!

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Great experience. Not what I expected in rural, NC. Pleasantly surprised and the room was semi-updated and clean. The free breakfast and coffee was a nice touch (kids loved the fresh waffles). Nice escape from Hurricane Irene.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Thanks again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011 via mobile

We are on vacation for a week in Nc and drove past the Jameson the first night. we thought it looked too expensive for our price range so we stayed at the Days Inn right behind it. The Days Inn was discusting! We switched hotels the next night and called the Jameson for a price. It was only $10 more and it was spotless. We loved the service and the nice outdoor pool. Never again will we judge a hotel by it's looks. Stay at the Jameson, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2011
Jameson105, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson/Oxford, responded to this review, August 22, 2012

Bowie, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

First time we stayed at a Jameson Inn. We had checked out the reviews of other hotels in town and decided this was our best option. While waiting to check in, the person ahead of us was asking lots of questions about the room and hotel. He even asked to check out one of the rooms to see how firm the bed was. Asked if we could tag along as we had the same concern. Was very impressed the room (and bed) that we were shown. The room we had for the night was every bit as good as the room we were shown. The desk clerk was very helpful with the room. I did make the mistake of turning the heat up too high while we went out for dinner. Had to turn the AC on to cool the room down. Most of the hotels we have stayed at do not have a heater that is that good. My fault not the hotels.
Nice clean room with a very comfortable bed, good WIFI, very little noise (inside or outside). Did I mention a good price? We we be watching for the Jameson Inn when we hit the road again!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Greg Anderson

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson/Oxford? Share your experiences!