“Nasty” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Henderson
East Berlin, Pennsylvania
“Nasty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011 via mobile

You advertised a 47.99 special via Facebook, but told me 70.00 is the best deal u could provide. Room had lots of unwanted guests, in the form of fruit flies. Noticed in a earlier post a complaint of no tissues, and a wee bit of toilet tissue, same story in the other party we were traveling with, in her room. My sheets were stained. Comforter had a hole in it. Last update looks to be from early 90's, or late 80's. You will find this comment followed by a form letter from econo lodge attempting to "explain away" the defficiencies of this stay. Don't buy into it. Breakfast was also nothing spectacular, and below expectations. Seems to me they have little time left on their "econo lodge flag", before corporate yanks the rug from under the place.

• Stayed October 2011
EconoLodge252, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge - Henderson, responded to this review, December 10, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We accommodate many guests each day, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices.

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel. However, do acknowledge it was a Car Show Weekend and for the VERY LOW price this was the best hotel you selected. The SPECIAL rate you saw on facebook is not valid during the Car Show Event, which is stated in fine clear print. I apologize we weren't able to provide a $10.00 room as your husband had literally requested. Furthermore, we didn't force you to stay because we mentioned to you we only had few rooms left. You had several other options but don't think it would of fit your budget. You could of paid $110 at Jameson Inn or $150 at the Hampton Inn or if you wanted CHEAP, you could of stayed at a roach hotel down the road from us for $66.00 with no Wifi, no breakfast, no hot water, and nasty/filthy rooms along with a truly 80's style decor. For the price, we were one of the lowest priced hotels in town with the best rooms and best services to offer our guests.

We received many kind admiration and more than half of our hotel was booked with repeat guests who stay with us every year during the Car Show Event.

As far as the look of our rooms, we completed a major renovation in 2009. We are affiliated with Choice Hotels International and they do NOT let their hotels run down to that sort of level.

For our guests, we provide more items during breakfast than what Choice Hotels requirements are. However, if you have any suggests on what we can do better we are open to them.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Econo Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I read the reviews online and needed a place to stay overnight. This was a great stopping point, though the reviews did have me worried. Some mentioned that the area was going downhill and some mentioned "questionable people". It's true that the area isn't the best, but we felt completely safe there and had no issues with our car, nor did we have any encounters with anyone. It's not necessarily a bard part of town - just seems to be one that has been hit by the recession. :( If heading down to North Carolina again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
EconoLodge252, General Manager at Econo Lodge - Henderson, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. We are glad you find us convenient and enjoyed your stay. We are a favorite of many travelers with our many features, amenities and services geared for their pleasure. Our area is perfectly safe you as mentioned. We greatly appreciate your business and the time you took to share your experience online with other potential guests. It is our pleasure to be of service, and we hope to see you back soon!
Long Island, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

THIS IS NOT A FAKE REVIEW...Upon arriving at motel found in the room the following issues; 1/2 roll of toilet paper, no tissues in dispense (asked desk clerk for items-reply "On order")-ice vending machine not working, had to obtain ice at front desk. Light fixture between bed pitted with rust, rug not clean, door to room hard to open or close due to bunched carpet, pillow's need to be replaced, front window dirty. CONCLUSION: Not worth the money. Did not partake of breakfast-afraid what would be served. Would not stay at ANY Econo Lodge in the future, also we have told our friends and family who travel to AVOID due to our experience. OPION: SURPRISED THAT CORPORATE HAS LET THIS ONE REPRESENTS THE CHAIN AS IT HAS CREATED A BAD TASTE TO ME AND MY WIFE AND I EXPECT IT NOT TO SURVIVE MUCH LONGER. Rating (0 Star)

Room Tip: Checkout room prior to checking in no matter what.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
EconoLodge252, General Manager at Econo Lodge - Henderson, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
Thank you for voicing your experience at our hotel. I would like to assure you that the reviews that people post on Trip Advisor are not fake reviews. They are 100% honest reviews from hotel guests.

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel. In this economic times it is very difficult to make drastic changes. Corp. nor banks are willing to assist. However, we still strive to make our guests comfortable as possible. Our ice machine was out of order but we do provide our guests ice at front desk for their needs. I'm very positive no other hotel would have done that. In addition, Just as a vehicle or any other machinery brakes down, it takes time for some one to come out and repair it, doesn't happen overnight. As far as breakfast, I can assure you, you would of had a better experience than that of the other hotel your had stayed at (Super 8) and without anyone watching you during breakfast.

In the coming year we are planning to make some changes/upgrades to out guest rooms.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action will been taken.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Econo Lodge

Travelers are raving about these Henderson hotels

Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

The hotel was in a questionable area, and at first thought, one might have thought to keep driving, but no one bothered anybody. Maybe the rooms are too low rendering it easy for one to bump into questionable looking characters, but for the most part they were cordial.
Upon checkng in the clerk was friendly enough, seemed family owned, but there was a grouchy looking guy who did as we ask, but didn't look to happy to oblige. The next morning he must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed, because he was in charge of breakfast and disappeared five minutes before it ended and refused to provide liquid for a waffle, only stating that "breakfast was closed" and went on about his business. If it hadn't been raining like cats and dogs the night before we might have kept on trekking down the road.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
EconoLodge252, Manager at Econo Lodge - Henderson, responded to this review, November 2, 2010
Thank you for bringing your concerns about the issue you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I am surprised that this issue was not brought up to our attention. If this issue had been reported I guarantee that your issue would have been solved. I can also guarantee that we serve many guests at the Econo Lodge of Henderson and we are the Best hotel in the area. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

I would like to apologize on behalf of the breakfast attendant that morning. If we were informed of this issue we would have been able to solve the issue in an appropriate manner where both parties are satisfied.

Please accept my sincere apology.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2008

I agree with the other reviewer that the area the hotel is in has seen it's better days. I was a little concerned about the condition of the hotel when I pulled up.

I checked into the hotel and went to my room and was surprised by how large the room was. It is an older property, but the room was clean and in good repair. I would stay here again. The people working the front desk at both check in and check out were both very polite and professional.

Only two negatives: 1) There was a 1" gap under the door, so I put a towel on the floor in front of it to keep the cold air out. 2) All of the signage says Quality Inn so I had to confirm at the front desk that this was the Comfort Inn (I know they are both part of Choice Hotels).

I paid about $45 plus taxes and booked off Choice Hotels website.

• Liked — Low price and clean room
  • Disliked — Area surrounding the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
We appreciate your kind comments. Guests like you make us who we are today. We spend countless hours ensuring that our guests receive the best possible accommodations in the area. This is the reason we receive the highest sanitation scores and brand quality assurance scores. We cannot appreciate your comments enough:

"the room was clean and in good repair. I would stay here again. The people working the front desk at both check in and check out were both very polite and professional."

I personally showed this comment to my team and it made their day.

Since your last visit we have done few more upgrades in the rooms. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thanks for your time and we hope to see you soon!

Respectfully yours,
Econo Lodge Staff
Virginia Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2007

This hotel was a decent value for the money. It appeared to be an older hotel, and the area around this hotel has seen better days. In spite of this, the room was clean, quiet, and in good condition.

• Stayed October 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
EconoLodge252, Manager at Econo Lodge - Henderson, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
We appreciate your kind feedback. Guests like you make us who we are today. We spend countless hours ensuring that our guests receive the best possible accommodations in the area. This is the reason we receive the highest sanitation scores and brand quality assurance scores. We cannot appreciate your comments enough.

I personally showed this review to my team and it made their day.

Best Regards,
Chris P.
GM

Been to Econo Lodge - Henderson? Share your experiences!