“from, Henrietta - My experience staying at your Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 10 hotels in Henderson
Newark, New Jersey, United States
“from, Henrietta - My experience staying at your Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I travelled with my friend to NC for a business trip, we are introduced by a friend before we book, according to him he told us that he was treated very well and that the rooms are excellently clean and the location is excellent, we decided to book it and give a try, when we got there, what attract me most is the cleanliness of the room and the location, we are treated well and the wifi internet runs fast, i really enjoyed my stay in Holiday Inn Express, NC,my appreciation first goes to our friend who introduce us and also the housekeeper supervisor and her staff , and also to take note, the swimming pool needs to be provided, all the same i will rate my stay excellent.

Room Tip: rooms are spacious and neat and thw wifi internet runs fast
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Henderson, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for posting a review from your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Henderson, NC.

I hope that you and your friend had a great business trip. It is wonderful to hear that you were referred to our hotel from another guest who has also shared a similar experience to the one you received. This, in itself, is the ultimate goal we are looking for from guests like yourself. I also want to thank your friend that referred you to our hotel. Thank you for acknowledging the cleanliness of the room, the WiFi internet, and the Housekeeping Team.

Your kind words are appreciated by all of our team and management that works exceptionally hard to provide the incomparable level of service that our guests come to expect when staying with us. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again!

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Greenville, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at plenty of very nice and new and/or newly remodeled holiday inn express hotels...this is definitely NOT one of them!!! Gross and outdated are two adjectives I have in mind. If I hadn't been driving all day and had not already prepaid I would not have stayed! Trust the bad reviews because they are honest! What a horrible ending to a week long vacation!!! Specifics: moldy spots on ceiling tiles in lobby, hallways, and room where leaks were; undeterminable stains on sheets; smoke smell in lobby area; ancient furniture in lobby; circa 1980 carpeting in entire building; hot stuffy room which took forever to cool down (it's 45 degrees out??); telephones out in whole hotel (tried calling them to find exact location since GPS on both car and iPhone didn't work). That should be enough...

• Stayed April 2013
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Henderson, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Skidaweb,

I am extremely sorry to hear that we fell short on making your stay with us a 100% satisfactory. We are an older hotel and are in the process of renovations. During your stay with us we did have a telephone outage caused by lightening due to a rain storm and apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused you.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to make it up to you if you are visiting/passing through Henderson, NC.

Susan Lail

Travelers are raving about these Henderson hotels

Plainfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The service is good, the rooms are excellently clean , the location is excellent, with good amenities,
my appreciation goes to the supervisor and her staffs, all things being equal you guys need to provide good swimming pool.

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger and sunny
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Henderson, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Emmanuel169,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time in leaving us such kind words. Our team strives to be number one in customer satisfaction and appreciate your comments. I am happy to hear that the service, the cleanliness of the rooms, the location and the amenities provided were 100% satisfactory during your stay. My apologies that we do not have a swimming pool on site. Working with our local YMCA we do give all of our guest access to the entire YMCA facility including a large pool and hot tub.

We look forward to you staying with us again in the near future. Please call us ahead and we will make sure that everything is ready for you.

Cartersville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

It's an older hotel for the Holiday Inn Express chain. This being my second stay in two months and the hotel (lobby) is being renovated and I'm not sure if they plan on doing the rooms too. At any rate it's not bad for the price. The breakfast is the standard HIEX menu. Wifi Internet has good speeds and connections.
Desk staff was friendly and helpful and knowledgable for local eateries.
Parking lot is small - if you stay here park next to the bushes because someone will back into your vehicle. (my vehicle was backed into) it's very minor but be advised.

• Stayed April 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Behind the check in area the tear in the wallpaper was held up with a tack. Laura was very helpful, but the younger front desk people not so much. Walking out of elevator on to 2nd floor one sees the smoke alarm hanging down from ceiling and the hall A/C broken. Usual good breakfast.

Room cooled well with Outside cool air, A/C not effective. Beds clean and comfy. New tube and new fixtures, some more torn wallpaper in bath. Floors not clean, doors inside in poor condition. Overall, a mixed bag, but worse HIE we have ever seen.
Just too many negatives.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Henderson, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Tom D,

We are sorry about the tear in the wallpaper as we are undergoing renovation and are in the process of removing all of the wallpaper in the public areas. I am happy to hear that Laura was helpful and will look into the matter of the younger front desk staff and will re-train. Happy to hear that the breakfast was good.

Thank you for also mentioning that the beds were clean and comfy, and the new TV and Fixtures. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations and hope you will give us another chance to make it up to you.

Please feel free to contact me directly.

Springfield, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This hotel is old, and it shows! It felt dirty, cramped and the employees were anything BUT helpful! To add to my displeasure, my truck was broken into in their parking lot, and my daughter and I lost almost everything. I did file the police report and insurance claim, but would have expected the hotel to do something. They just responded with "what do you want me to do?" I will NEVER stay here again, and would never recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Julie S,

I am extremely sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I am also sorry that your vehicle was broken into and that items were stolen. I hope that the police and insurance company will be able to help you sort everything out and hope you are able to recover everything that was taken.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist the police and/or insurance company in this matter.

Upper Marlboro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My first impression of this Hotel staff was not great. When I oberved and interacted with Carrie (Food Service) and Tamica (Front Desk) on the next day My opinion changed. They both provided great customer service. They performed their respective duties enthusiastically wth pride. I would like to commend both of them for serving people with a caring attitude.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Henderson, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear James J,

I am terribly sorry that your first impression of our hotel staff was not Great. I am glad you had a change of heart once the interaction with both Carrie (breakfast bar attendant) and Tamica (Manager on Duty) took place. Our goal is to make our guest happy and to create a home away from home. I will make sure that both are commended for service they have provided to you and the other guest staying with us.

Thank you for your review and please contact us directly if there is anything else we can do for you. We hope to see you soon!

Susan Lail

Been to Holiday Inn Express Henderson? Share your experiences!