“FANTASTIC DAY !” 5 of 5 stars

Franklin, North Carolina
16 attraction reviews
“FANTASTIC DAY !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Five of us ( we have not been on a horse in over 25 years...and one of us had never been on a horse) spent the greatest day ever, riding at Chunky Gal Stables. Rob and Paige were so kind, patient and full of interesting facts and information. The horses were very well trained and friendly. I am going to do this again :)

Visited June 2012

Big Pine Key, Florida
“What a beautiful trip.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Last week June 12, 2012; my family booked a trip with chunky gal stables. Rob the owner was an excellent guide. The trail was steep and exciting the kids loved it. Teenagers have a way of thinking everything is easy this was a challenge to them-me also. It was a beautiful ride through the trees on the mountain and the owner who is the guide is a true southern gentleman. My husband commented on his calm ways he guides his trips. The horses were in excellent health and well trained. This is truly a family friendly company, we will be back next year.

Martha Wrenn Smith

Visited June 2012
Franklin, North Carolina
13 attraction reviews
“horseback riding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Good family fun day; well run and safe. Nice drive to get there from Rivendell and all guests report a good time there.

Tampa, Florida
“A great time for adults and kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

We visited Franklin for four nights over spring break. I have two girls, 9 and 6, and they really wanted to go horse back riding. Our land lord suggested Chunky Gals, about 30 minutes from Franklin, so we decided to check it out. My girls have not had much riding experience so I was not sure what to expect. Rob set us up with our horses and gave us some direction before we started. My 6 year old got a little nervous before we started, but Rob did a great job calming her down and getting her going. The ride was fantastic. We did an hour and 1/2 trail ride up some pretty steep trails with some beautiful views. The horses were all well behaved and trained. The girls loved the experience and I think they are now hooked.

Visited March 2012
Florida
9 attraction reviews
“A scenic ride in the hands of an experienced guide.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Chunky Gal Stables is tucked away just a few miles from downtown Hayesville and Murphy, NC. Rob keeps a clean, clean stable set in a story- book- beautiful place in the mountains. With a busy holiday schedule he accomodated my sister and me by taking us out early at 8AM before his other scheduled rides. Rob knows horses and he knows what people need to know to be comfortable in the saddle. He chooses the horses to suit the riders' needs and personalities. We went up into the forest and were treated to an inside look and peek at a waterfall. Along the way Rob patiently answered our questions about the area and of course the horses themselves. Time flew by and we couldn't believe it when it was time to head back. What you see during the ride is lovely streams, trees, and vistas and you will be seranaded by birdsong on top of it all. We will be back!

Visited July 2011