“unfriendly” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Greenwood, South Carolina
“unfriendly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stopping to eat breakfast this at Denny's, we walked the door and stood there until some one seated us. The hostess spoke but she was preoccupied. She seated us and asked what we wanted to drink and took the drink order. When he waitress arrived about 10 minutes later and asked for our drink order, we told her gave it to the other lady, she replied she was busy and did not have the order. I ordered grits and they were lumpy, my eggs were scramble well as I like them I order sausage and bacon and only received the sausage. The breakfast that my niece ordered was hot and delicious.There only one staff member that greeted us well and tried to accommodate and I believe he would the manager. I was disappointed in Denny's. Service was not good.This would not be a place I would recommend to anyone. I do not know if they were just having a bad day or what, they did not treat us well.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Denny's, but in a truckstop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed at the Days Inn across the street, choices of food are DQ, Wendy’s and here, Denny’s.

I was there on a Wednesday, so my soup was Loaded Baked Potato. And my sandwich was the Prime Rib Philly Melt (it is the sandwich that brought me back to Denny’s after avoiding them for years). Every piece of meat was tender, the onions sweet, and the cheese plentiful.

I was greeted before I stopped walking. The place was fairly quiet, it was 9pm on a weeknight but a ‘steady flow’ of people coming and going. Didn’t notice any delay’s in anything, my water was refilled a couple of times. I’m not one that likes to sit around when I’m done eating, so I like to have my bill on my table by the time I’m about half done eating, that did not happen here. I walked up to the register without a bill and she rang me up right away so no time lost there either.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Timberlake, NC
“Bring a Chair to Relax !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and I went there on 3-2-13 . We got there around 9:50 am, but did not get seated till 10:10 am [note they WERE NOT BUSY and HAD TABLES], host got our Tea, and give us menu, the waiter did not take our order for another 15 min. Order came out bout 10:40am but the pancakes were like rubber.[just like the ones you get out of freezer at home and put in microwave], and when I cut mine up COLD in middle... I for one WILL NOT BE BACK!

• Visited March 2013