“Just keep driving past this place!!” 2 of 5 stars

Highway 70 East, Havelock, NC
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 40 restaurants in Havelock
Cuisines: American
Description: Located within walking distance of the Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express. Directly in front of the Avation Museum/Civic Center.
“Just keep driving past this place!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I'm a party of 2. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, which is in walking distance from the Carolina Grill. Indeed, we decided to walk.

Upon entering, the staff was very polite and helpful. The special of the day was fried flounder and scallops with 2 sides for $12.99.

We both ordered that and got our food. Sides ordered were mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, green beans...ALL of which came from a can or box and were served to us in plastic bowls.

In addition, the fish was NOT flounder. Considering that fish is my favorite food, it was easy to identify that this fish was whiting. None of the food had ANY seasoning... Especially missing, was salt.

I mentioned my disappointment to the waiter, but explained that I knew he was not responsible. He asked if he should tell the manager, but in the end he did not and the bill for 2 meals came. We paid and left a nice tip, but will NEVER return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

31% Recommend
“Good food but bad service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Our food was average. When I asked what kind of drinks they had the waitress came back with a big thing of index cards that they use at the bar to get info off of to make the mixed drinks. Therefore I had to go through the stack of index cards to pick out a drink.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Bern, North Carolina
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great place to kick back and relax or go to have fun, When I went I brought friends with me from work after a long day we went for a drink and light snack, staff was great place was clean, The next time we went it was for a staff party we had a blast! Thank you all very much =)

Visited September 2012
Brit in NC
“Not bad.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Went with a group of five. Not the greatest of grill restaurants but not bad. One dish that surprised us was a hamburger that turned out to be a plain burger with no bun served with gravy. Rest of the food was OK. They have beer and wine.

Visited July 2013
Tullahoma
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The location is next door to Hampton Inn and that is great because you can walk over in five minutes or less and the food is great. They are kind to children and that goes a long way with me.

Visited July 2013