“Off season stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Hatteras Island
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Off season stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We got a groupon to try this out in the off season. Nice rooms on the water with beautiful views and solitude. Unfortunately the heating system? was very noisy so we didnt sleep well but the beds are nice and the room was clean. So much is closed until mid March including the Breakwater restaurant and the lighthouse in Buxton. We did see gorgeous sunsets and sunrises, dolphins, deer and pelicans everywhere. The front desk let us know what was open for meals and was very helpful. Its easy to walk around the docks and enjoy the outdoors.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Durham, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Due to Hurricane Sandy, my husband and I had to put off our trip to Hatteras for 3 months - it was worth the wait.

The Breakwater Inn is a great little hotel. We really enjoyed our stay and hope to be back soon. The staff is so nice and accommodating, location is great, right on the sound. The view from our room was great!!

I highly recommend The Breakwater Inn!

Room Tip: All room face the sound.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chesterfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very nice getaway on the harbor of the sound side. Rooms are clean and spacious and each room has a beautiful view of the water. Comes with a free continental breakfast. Front desk is extremely friendly and helpful. Only few blocks to Atlantic side and beach.

Room Tip: Higher floor has a nicer view of sound
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

They need to change their sign location. The Breakwater sign is right in front of the fishermans quarters. Not a building I would want to stay in. We almost turned around and left. I am glad we didn't. That is not the new building. The room was clean and the view is incredible. I was up early (5:00) and thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the balcony and overlooking the marina. The room was not large but adequate. As a frequent traveler I thought it was far better than most. My girlfriend didn't like the tub fixtures being pitted. It gave her the idea it was not clean. I think it is the salt from the beach that does this. The rest of the room was clean so I wasn't worried at all. The one thing I didn't like is they have satellite tv (I think). The signal kept coming and going. Why was I watching TV on vacation? I don't know. I can't forget to tell you about the staff at the front desk. Very helpful. Especially since we were there in the off season. We were able to find out what was open and find a great meal. I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
greenville, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Really great spot in Hatteras Village. Right over Oden's dock - all the rooms in the new section have decks over the marina and the village's best restaurants & coffee shops within walking distance. Room was very clean, the staff was incredibly hospitable and accommodating. Highly recommend, and will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

it was not a bad stay,verry near harbor and boats, could have been better if the pump that ran every so often was a little quieter. would not have had the noise if i had stayed in the fishermans quarters. no attempt was made to rectify the situation.it sounded like the pump was tearing itself apart. restaurant seemed way over priced did not eat there

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Beautiful view from sound front room. Clean. Great food at restaurant (best shrimp I ever had). We were comfortable the entire time. It was the nicest place I have ever been. We cannot wait to go back! I highly recommend. Wonderful!

Room Tip: Rooms great. Probably would get top floor next time.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Breakwater Inn? Share your experiences!