“The Worst Ever Do Not Eat Here” 1 of 5 stars

57571 NC Highway 12, Hatteras Island, NC 27943
252-986-1250
Improve this listing
Sandston, Virginia
“The Worst Ever Do Not Eat Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We pulled up and saw this place was not crowed at all so it said Fresh Seafood so our party of four went in to try some Fresh Seafood ,well we went into a Horrible place to eat ,I Ordered Scallops ,salad and steamed veggies the scallops were very small and the smell Ammonia was overwhelming My Sister got Chicken Fingers and My Brother in Law got a steak My husband got the special which was fish but I have NEVER ordered a seafood that has smelled so bad in my life the Salads came after the meal and the waiter said they were short of staff ,There was not anyone in there ? I placed my meal on a empty table .It is a shame this place has a lot of space and They need a cook and some descent waitresses ,we spent a hour and a half in this place it has to be one of the worst places I have ever eaten at ,they did take my meal off and we did give them some advice before we left .

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Sharon Springs, New York
“so much potential”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This place has soooo much potential, but the owners do not even know it. The setting is beautiful: right on the water, yet the blinds were nearly completely closed and the staff perched on the deck railing smoking...not the ambiance we were looking for. Do not get me wrong: we are not restaurant snobs. We love great food and appreciate good service and attention to details whatever the price range. The food was just ok, but you could tell it would not take much to make it a really good meal. I mean you have some of the best fish in the world brought in fresh every day. My advice to the cook is to cut back on the butter and cheese and just use some great herbs and light sauces...let the flavor of the food come through.
And do something with the decor to make it inviting: if you want that retro 60s look then go for it heart and soul...vintage is in. If you want the nautical look then you have to do something much more contemporary.
My advice: if you are restaurant hoping in Hatteras try this place and give them some pointers. I mean we all want the Channel Bass to succeed; it is in the heart of the village. If you are only going out once or twice, don't stop.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Horrible service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Went in on 8/16/12. restaurant had two other tables eating. The employee who sat us told us he would also be our server. My boyfriend and I put our drink order in. Another table was also sat shortly after we put our drink order in. 15 minutes had passed and we never received our drinks nor did the waiter ever come back to our table. The table that was seated after us got up and walked out. We decided to give it 5 more minutes. In that time I heard our waiter at his other table telling one gentleman that he just found out they were out of Spanish mackerel. He was telling him this as he was giving the rest of the party their entrees!! He then also informed another member of the party that they had no bleu cheese for her bleu cheese salad. How do you not know these things prior to bringing out the entire table's meal? By this point we had been sitting there for 20 minutes still with no drinks and no visit from our waiter. After hearing the ordeal at the table by us and seeing the other table walk out, my boyfriend and I got up and left. Never again will I visit this restaurant.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Don't waste your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Arrived at the Channel Bass resturant at about 8:30 pm Saturday 7/7/2012. The parking lot was empty. This should have been a warning. Couldn't get a server to come by. Had to chase down a manager. Service was lousy therafter. Food was mediocre. Don't waste your money here; there are plenty of great resturants on Hatteras that appreciate their customers with good service and food.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“One hell of a Wednesday night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

Showed up from ocracoke and saw they had live music so the family and I went to the outdoor patio ordered the softshell with fries... Very tasteful the wife and kids got the fried shrimp and channel bass platter a great variety of local seafood... A pretty loaded plate all in all after an evening full of food and a bottle of wine with the wife while watching the band had a great time and can't wait to go back again. Do yourself a favor and visit this establishment.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere