“Vacay with the In-Laws” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hatteras Marlin Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hatteras Island
Hatteras Marlin Motel
You added Hatteras Marlin Motel to your Saves list
57753 NC HWY 12, Hatteras Island, NC 27943   |
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Hatteras Island
Ashburn, Virginia
“Vacay with the In-Laws”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My in-laws (from Charlotte, NC) booked a room for a short weekend beach trip. The location is very close to the ferry docks (we wanted to go to Ocracoke one day) and also close to the grocery store and beach (but then again, I guess everything seems to be less than a mile away in Hatteras Village). Although we spent most of our time on the beach and not at the motel, we thought the rooms were great. My father-in-law is a big man (6'5'', 300 lbs) and he was comfortable staying here. It was an easy check-in process and we found the rates to be comparable to other places in the village for this time of year. Staff was friendly and the rooms were really clean. It's not the Ritz-Carlton by any means (if that is what you are looking for then Hatteras might not be the place for you...) but we will certainly book this place again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cape hatteras
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed one night. Wallpaper falling off of wall and what appeared to be black mold all behind. Would rethink staying again. Desk operators were friendly. Room seemed wet and never seemed to get better with air conditioner operating. Grounds were clean. Not sure why a review must be 200 characters to say there was an issue but it is required in order to have an opinion.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I am from Virginia Beach and come down a lot on the weekends. It is a great place to come if you enjoy fishing or just relaxing at the beach. These rooms are very clean and the staff is very nice and helpful. I would not think about staying anywhere else on Hatteras Island.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

My husband and I come down to Hatteras very often. We usually stay up in Avon but the rates and quality of the motels up there are not even close to what you get by staying at the here. The quality was much better than any of the other motels we have stayed at on the island. The location is great too. The rooms are very nice, well serviced, and clean. The staff members were all very helpful when we had any questions. Would recommend to others.

Room Tip: The suites and small efficiency rooms are very spacious.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Independence, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed in this Hotel 6/5/14 we checked in @ 5:30. The unit had tile floors in entryway, bathrooms & kitchen. The floor were very slippery, I spoke to front desk, the receptionist told me I could see the unit next door to see if it was any better, if so we could change units. I found same slippery floors. The lady @ front desk spoke w/ housekeeping they said they would mop the floor is that didn't help they had another a solution. We told her we would be out of the unit for several hours for some touring. The office was closed when we returned.
After returning we found the floor still slippery, housekeeping had placed rug runners in parts of the kitchen but the floors not covered were still slippery, so we were not able to walk in the kitchen for fear of falling.
They mopped the bathrooms with our towles & left our bath towels wadded up on the floor, so we had to use our beach towels after our baths
The stove burner trays were covered with aluminum foil(whats with that?)
The box spring had stains on it, I didn't notice til I got up the next morning, discusting
I voiced my complaint w/ property manager& showed him the photo's, before I left
Manager did respond per email w/ apology, he said he spoke with housekeeping staff & front office staff & refunded me 25% of my $197 rate for 1 night.
This property is definately not worth nightly rate of $197 property really needs updating. I expect a good value for my money & this was definately not it.
The bedspreads & furnishings were very outdated, old & stained
I'm certain the mauve/ blue colors in the unit went out of style long ago.
With the rate they charge one would think they would keep things updated.

irwin Pa 15642
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Walk in and the mildew hits you in the face, if you have allergy s it's not good . A little disappointed with the other reviews thought it would be better like I said we only had to stay one night. Will not stay again. Maybe another room location would of been better not room no. 3

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Nice place to stay. We have stayed there before, so we knew what we were getting for our money's worth. Comfortable beds and a great location! Close to the Ocracoke ferry and conveniently located. We will stay there again when we're in Hatteras!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Hatteras Marlin Motel? Share your experiences!