“Did you know there is a choc wine?” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Madison Heights, Virginia
41 attraction reviews
“Did you know there is a choc wine?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Talk about an indulgence. There is a wonderful wine for choc lovers that can be drank with more chocolate, or maybe ice cream, or maybe cheesecake. Plus they have other wines that are just as good. There's even a strawberry one.

Visited August 2013

3 attraction reviews
“Visit regularly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I am local and a member of the wine club. The owners are friendly, knowledgeable, and great sellers of their wine. They also have a beautiful tasting room. Wine club is a great value if you fall in love with the wines like I did.

Mpls, Minnesota
18 attraction reviews
“Nice setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The owner was very friendly and answered our question "goats or sheep" in the adjacent pasture. "Hairless sheep" was her response. Worth the drive just to see them! Enjoyable wine tasting. Had to purchase the "shortcake" strawberry wine as it will compliment dark chocolate.

NEWTON, NC, USA
9 attraction reviews
“Beautiful winery.... Excellent wines!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The owner here is very friendly and has always welcomed me and any friends I have brought along for a tasting. They have a wide variety of wines to suit any taste buds. They have now added the wine slushies and on a hot day it doesn't get any better than that! The landscaping is beautiful and I've always enjoyed sitting on the back deck and relaxing with a glass of wine. Unfortunately I couldn't relax this time. They really need to do something about the flies!!! I know that it's summer, it's out in the country and it's been very wet this year, but I didn't even see a bug zapper. We sat down and immediately were surrounded by hundreds of flies. I don't know if this is because of the chicken houses down the road or the farm that's in front of the winery, but please come and try their wines. Just beware if you want to go outside to take in the beautiful pond and landscaping!

Statesville, North Carolina
“Owner lacks any professionalism and rips people off!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We did a wedding here, and it was awful! They ran out of ice before the reception even started, and told us if we wanted more, they'd charge us for the ice and the gas to the store (20 miles away). They made us haul off the trash. They told us the guests could participate in a free wine tasting, then charged us $900 at the end of the night for the wine. They told us we had the venue till 11:00 pm, then came to us at 9:00 pm and said if we didn't have everything cleaned up and gone by 9:30, they'd charge us $500 an hour till we left. When the wedding coordinator asked to see the contract, the owner came out and started shoving the contract in her face, and saying "You wanted to see my contract, here it is!" So, to total it up, they charged us extra for the wine, charged us extra for using the time we'd paid for, they wouldn't remove the trash, and ran out of ice and wanted to charge us extra for that! The owner has no customer service ethic. If I could rate this place lower than 1, I would. If you're planning a wedding, find somewhere else!

Visited June 2013