“Friendly Service, Good Breakfast, Pet Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% Off & Hot Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Newport News, Virginia, United States
“Friendly Service, Good Breakfast, Pet Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is a good value, the complimentary breakfast buffet was very good. The service was top notch and friendly. There was plenty off spaces for our dog to walk outside the hotel. We did not get to go to the lounge but it was rockin' with live beach music as I passed through the lobby on our second night. I we will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fall River, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed here during a 4 day personal weekend trip... Hotel was so accommodating providing shuttle service to and from the airport driver was amazing and so helpful with luggage and even brought me to do some local shopping before i checked in.. Front desk staff was friendly informative and extremely helpful.. I was also impressed with the cleanliness of the hallways lobby and the room i stayed in was on the 3rd floor non smoking room... Was comfortable quiet and peaceful... My overall experience was great... I will always stay here at the city hotel and bistro every-time i head into Greenville.. Pricing was reasonable and they also accommodated my late check considering my flight back to Rhode Island was at 7pm for a reasonable fee i was able to stay at a later check out..

Room Tip: Stayed on the 3rd floor was clean peaceful quiet .. No complaints
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here during a class reunion visit. Clean and comfortable hotel. Close to restaurants, convention center and stores. They have bands that play on certain nights and they played a variety of music. Good stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My advice, stay at this wonderful hotel for business or leisure. I was always greeted by a helpful and courteous staff, which is always a good sign. The room and bathroom were always sparkling clean, and my stay was relaxing and peaceful! I was able to get my work done as well as rest, which is the winning combination for me. I always need peace and quiet and was surrounded by it every night. The dining facility was awesome. The buffet selection was large (always something to my liking) and the food was eaten off of real plates with silverware. Most hotels have paper plates and plastic utensils. The location of the hotel is great (surrounded by loads of stores to shop at). Overall, my stay was SUPERB and I highly recommend this hotel.
It’s a 5 star facility!!!!!

Room Tip: I love the top floor avoiding heavy walkers over my head.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Champaign, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great place to lay your head down at the end of the day! Even though I was in a non-smoking room, the entire hallway leading up to the room smelled like smoke. YUCK. The free continental breakfast was good; however, I wish they offered a better variety of healthier foods. If you were trying to be healthy, you really only had oatmeal to choose from in the morning. The beds were very comfortable and housekeeping did an excellent job of cleaning the rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Burlington, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Had a very good visit here. The accommodations were nice (though you could tell it was not a brand new hotel), the building seemed very secure, and as mentioned by a number of others, the included breakfast was awesome! The hotel had at least a couple of elevators and we were on the third floor. Saturday night had a very awesome cover band and though not exclusive to our event, it was very enjoyable. There was a wedding party or two that were here during the same time we were here and that was fine. I'm giving this a review of 4 stars, but I'm not sure that there was anything really wrong with our stay; if I had to be critical of anything, maybe the smaller TV (32"?) and the long walk from the front desk to our room. The breakfast buffet was excellent as were the staff who kept it up. Hotel is convenient to Wal-Mart and I believe a McDonalds too across the road. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
north carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Every monday we have a Mary Kay pampering night out. We order food afterwards. I must say Thethe food is consistently good. The wings are delicious,the cobb salad excellent. We order appetizers and share Everyone raves about the food. They have a blackened chicken wrap that is wonderful. The quesadillas are worth ordering. Overall they have wonderful food. My compliments to the chef for your consistency.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to City Hotel & Bistro? Share your experiences!