“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 23 hotels in Greenville
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Great place to stay. It was clean, quiet, and most of all pet friendly. This was the first time I had to travel with my dog and I was worried the room would smell or be dirty and it was fantastic. I would absolutely stay here again. I have stayed in the Greenville Hampton a few times and the Candlewood compares very favorably. The big difference is no complimentary breakfast at Candlewood, but it has a full size refrigerator, cooktop and sink which was nice. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Concord,nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Bad checkin experience, but I will give a pass as they were training a new person. The room was very spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable with great pillows as well. I am not sure if the showerhead in my room is indicative of all others, but it was terrible. I am sure it is a watersaver showerhead, but the flow was terrible. If you are looking for an invigorating shower, you won't find it here. This hotel is off the main road, so no traffic noise to deal with. There is no free breakfast, but I knew that going in.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
fow, Owner at Candlewood Suites Greenville NC, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
We have been working with the City of Greenville to help us with the water pressure. The guest was correct about the water saving shower head, a requirement of construction. We have recently changed our shower heads. The new shower head is designed for situations of low water pressure ands allows for a much higher flow. We have had very good response from our guests during the month of May when we started changing out the heads. Please stay with us again and let us know if we have solved the problem to your satisfaction.
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I wanted to surprise my husband with a Valentine get away night away from the kids. I contacted the hotel to ask a question and Lynn, the GM, offered to help in any way she could. When my husband and I walked in our room, it was decorated beautifully with rose petals, chocolates, beer and water!!! I was totally shocked and very very pleased!!! The front desk was extra nice as well. We will definitely visit you again!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was there for a conference. There was an excellent work table, a full kitchen, luxurious and comfortable bedding, a well-equipped workout room, and even a barbecue grill out back! They had everything I could want in a hotel, and at a very reasonable price compared to others in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

....but that's about it. Nothing special. Room was small and pretty dark. Bed and bedding were comfortable - very soft. Shower pressure was awful - just a drizzle. I also don't like the Candlewood practice of not cleaning the rooms daily. Homewood Suites is a similar style, but their rooms are still cleaned daily. Part of the pleasure of staying in a hotel is having someone else clean up for you, fresh towels and sheets, etc. That doesn't happen here.
Still, it was quiet and clean and available when we needed it. So would we stay again? Maybe --- if our regular favorites weren't available.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

We had a situation where Hotels.com double booked our stay. Joanie the desk clerk took upon herself to correct the mistake with hotels.com. Her professionalism was exceptional in correcting the problem while always having a Smile on her face. Joanie is a great asset to Candlewood Suites. Jim

Stayed October 2012
Morrisville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I'm a distance ed student at ECU, and I come here for an overnight stay maybe twice a year. This is where I've stayed for my last three trips. My room was definitely clean. However, I did have some neighbors who kept their TV inappropriately loud at 1:00 AM. I was just short of calling the front desk to report them when they turned their TV off. The lack of a regular breakfast doesn't bother me at all. This location isn't the most convenient to ECU's central campus, but it works.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
fow, Owner at Candlewood Suites Greenville NC, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for being a valued guest at the Candlewood Suites. Please feel free to notify the front desk anytime you are disturbed by by an adjacent guest or have a problem of any type. We want you to be comfortable and enjoy your visit to our hotel.

Been to Candlewood Suites Greenville NC? Share your experiences!