“Good value for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Goldsboro
Cumberland, Rhode Island
“Good value for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

The staff and management were pleasant and cooperative and the maid service was very professional and helpful.

The refrigerator and microwave are great additions to the room as is the Wi-Fi. There is a decent restaurant within walking distance and many more within a reasonable driving distance.

The nearby hotels are way overpriced for a city the size of Goldsboro and this motel is by far the best value for the price.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
ABVI_675_11, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Goldsboro, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Dear Michael H,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review about our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and clean rooms.

We look forward to seeing you again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Americas Best Value Inn-Goldsboro,NC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
San Francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Goldsboro has lots of hotels for a city this size, the problem is that none of the so-called three star hotels are worth the $100 or more per night that they request so we went rock bottom and got this place for $42 per night. The hotel staff are friendly,the shower has great pressure and really hot water and the rooms have a microwave and mini refrigerator; however, there is nothing else positive about this place.

This is a rock-bottom hotel. The front desk person noted that they were sold out the day before we arrived and my thought was that they out to invest the money into the rooms. The people that stay here are very suspect, I would not leave valuables, I would not use room service and I would bring my own towels.

Room Tip: Walk up to the front desk and let them know that you usually stay at better hotels
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Iceler,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review about our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay at our property. Recently, we have added new electronic key locks, rooms have been painted, parking lot has been restriped, replaced some mattresses. Hopefully, you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Americas Best Value Inn-Goldsboro
Wareham, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

Walls in room and tub could have been much cleaner. Other than that everything else was fine.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Ibsaby,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share a review about our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our friendly staff. I apologize for the inconvenience you had with our room. We have taken corrective actions and have recently painted all guestrooms. Hopefully, you will give us another opportunity to stay with us again.

Americas Best Value Inn-Goldsboro, NC
Goldsboro, nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

I have stayed at this particular hotel for several weeks now since I have been working in the area. It is as the sign says ...Best Value Inn. It is a very great value for the price they charge. I stay there weekly and my room is always clean and fresh. The staff are extremely kind and attentive to all of my needs. I will continue to stay here for as long as my business keeps me in the area.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
ABVI_675_11, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Goldsboro, responded to this review, October 15, 2014
Thank you for your great experience for staying at Americas best value inn Goldsboro NC.looking forward to see you at your future stay.
Albany, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2008

I will never stay at this place again! I felt unsafe and didn't get a good night's sleep due to the noise and the air conditioner. We had to shut that off due to a burning motor smell. We observed a police presence twice during the overnight stay we endured there. The room was dim due to low wattage bulbs. Stay at the EconoLodge across the street. I have stayed there in the past and they were much better all the way around!

• Liked — Checking out.
  • Disliked — Noise, malfuctioning air conditioner, police presence.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Thanks for your stay at Americas best value inn Goldsboro NC,sorry to hear that about your inconvinency of your stay at hotel.Please give us a oppotunity in future and we will definatly do our best serve for your stay.Thanks
Elkridge, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2007

Very small rooms, one double was completely against the wall the other was against the air conditioner so they were only accessable from one side, and no one wanted to sleep "on top" of the air vent.
Our first room had a nosy air conditioner, and we were switched without a problem, but the second rooms' air turned it's self off and on all night.
The staff was friendly, however there were a few mean notices printed at the front desk, such as "No refunds for any reason".
I reserved online and did save a few dollars but there are other hotels near this one that I would choose next time.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — small rooms, beds only accessable from one side each
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Thank you for staying at Americas best value inn Goldsboro NC.sorry to hear that for you uncomfortness at your stay at hotel.Please give us a opportunity for your future stay and we will do our best .We recently done some more renovated rooms.Thanks
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2005

Hi. I had great time at this motel. I went myself. When I came throught the doors a saw a male at the front desk. I guess he was a manager because he had a name tag on. Right when I got in he greeted me with a joyfull and caring tone. He was very nice. He helped me with my stuff. We had a little conversation about how he really likes to be their for the costumers.And in the conversation He said "It looks like you have a great nabhi." So I said to him "thank you for noticing my nabhi." After that, He comes from the back and shows me the way to my room.He then explanes all the things in the room. That just tells you that he is a caring person.

• Stayed August 2005
Thanks for your great Generosity and Thank you for staying and give give us opportunity to prove ourself.Appreciate.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Goldsboro? Share your experiences!