“Will not stay here again...” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Members Save 10%
Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Goldsboro
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Will not stay here again...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Checked n 7/22/13. Rate of $129 for double queen.

It was apparent when I entered lobby this was a older HI. Not surprising as Goldsboro is a small town, and I wasn't expecting much. Upon entering my room(333), I noticed it was fairly small, again, not surprising. Sticking out like a sore thumb was a small fan sitting on top of the window AC unit, not a good sign.
The room was a bit warm,but I was hoping it was just due to the AC being turned up by the housekeeping staff. I checked the thermostat and it was on 67. It was obvious there was an issue, but at the time, I didn't call the desk hoping the room would cool down. Shortly thereafter, around 7:30pm, my room phone rang. The caller said, "hey buddy, I heard your HVAC, had issues and we weren't able to get to it earlier, is it still a problem?" I told them, I was a new guest, but yeah, there was a fan in the room and it was a bit hot. He said he would be there shortly to check it out. After about 10 minutes he hadn't shown up, and I decided I would rather try and switch rooms rather than sit thru a repair project starting at 9pm, when I had planned on eating some take out in the room.
I went down to the desk and explained the situation. The person at the desk had no clue about any issues with the room, but checked to see if she could find another room to put me in. She said they were full. I went back to my room but never saw a maintenance person. I did leave for a bit to go across the street to get some food, but never did see or hear from maintenance again, and its currently 11:30 pm.

Granted this isn't an emergency, but I wonder why This room was ever sold in the first place? I could be next door at a newer HE Express not sweating.

I travel for business and my first two choices are Marriott then Hilton properties. Unfortunately there were not Marriott properties in the area, so I chose the Hampton. I know things happen, but this only reinforces my loyalty to Marriott, and if Marriott isn't available in the area I'm traveling, ill not automatically default to Hilton, as Holiday Inn properties seem to be catching up to low level Hilton's in many locales.

Room Tip: Stay next door at HE Express.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Goldsboro, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear NicWill,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the frustration and discomfort you experienced when the actions of the staff were unsatisfactory. We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry that this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were. We stand behind our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, and if you would like to discuss this further, please contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com. I hope you will give us a chance to make amends.

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel was very clean, the staff very helpful, and the price right in line with our budget.
We needed a few extra things and they were provided without any question. Very, very helpful staff. Breakfast was superb.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Tom Clark

Room Tip: Book ahead of time.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Goldsboro, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Tom C,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and sharing your great review. We are proud to provide excellent service and accommodations at a reasonable price and pleased to know you found us to be a good value. We appreciate your recommendation and 5 star rating and hope you will let us serve you here again.

Linwood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel common areas, grounds and rooms were clean. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. Everything was in good working condition - the a/c, hairdryer, tv, etc. It must be pet friendly because I noticed several dogs leaving the buidling and on the grounds, however, I never once heard anything (including other guests!) and there were no foul odors anywhere. The hotel offers a small gym (weights, treadmill, elliptical); guest laundry facility (coin operated) and nice inground pool and patio area. The hot (lukewarm) breakfast was decent, but nothing to write home about. They offered: Yoplait and Dannon Light yogurt; fresh fruit (not sure exactly how fresh it was!); Special K, Cheerios, Raisin Bran cereals; make your own Belgian waffle; an assortment of muffins and danish; home fries; sausage (links one day; patties another); and eggs (scrambled one day; cheese omlettes another); various juices and milk, coffee, tea, etc. The dining area was clean, spacious and comfy. I was impressed by the fact that before closing the breakfast area at 10am, the worker personally went to each table, informed the diners that she would be closing shop, and asked if anyone would like more food. The staff - front desk, housekeeping, food service - were all polite and professional. We stayed here while visiting family in the area. It is not a "destination/vacation" hotel, but fine for business or passing through. I would definitely stay here again for the convenience, comfort and price. I would recommend to anyone who needs to be in Goldsboro, as it is one of the nicer ones around.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Goldsboro, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear BklynTree,

Thank you very much for sharing comments about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide and really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. Your recommendation means a great deal to us and I hope we can serve you here again.

Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

To take advantage of my Hilton Honors rewards, I stay at all Hilton locations. I stay at this Hampton every other month on business. Its in a good location for area restaurants and shopping with good overall access to Seymour Johnson AFB. I have absolutely no complaints to offer. Nice, clean, attentive. But, as I noted, Spring Lake Hampton is my favorite. Its just new!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Goldsboro, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for your many visits and great review. I'm glad you know you can count on us for a comfortable stay and great service. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you again the next time you are here.
Pikeville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel was amazing!!! Very well designed and super clean! Breakfast had a great variety and wireless internet was a necessity for me; worked perfectly. Bathroom was spacious, which I thought was pretty cool since most bathrooms are cramped way too small!!! I would DEFINITELY recommend this hotel to anyone on a similar budget ($80-120)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Goldsboro, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Stratford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I chose this hotel based on reviews and its proximity to Seymour Johnson AFB. We were not disappointed. The room was very clean(loved the king sized bed), the staff was courteous and helpful, and the breakfast was ample. We would definitely stay here again if our future travels take us to Goldsboro

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Goldsboro, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thanks for staying with us and sharing your comments. It's always nice to receive positive guest feedback and we really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. I hope we can serve you here again.
New Hampshire, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Said three days I had to move room because of noisy guest last day. Said something to front desk twice and it did no good. Kids yelling not to bring my dog on elevator, my dog behaved better then them. Rooms need touch up soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Goldsboro, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear John C,

I am very sorry you were disappointed with us during your recent visit and offer my apologies. We want to provide all our guests with the best in service and accommodations and we take it very seriously when we learn we've fallen short. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation, and I hope you will be happy with the changes we make the next time you stay with us. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Goldsboro? Share your experiences!