“OMG Gross!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Serena Inn Goldsboro

You added Serena Inn Goldsboro to your Saves list
Serena Inn Goldsboro
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   708 Corporate Drive, Goldsboro, NC 27534 (Formerly Country Hearth Inn)   |
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Goldsboro
Cheriton, Virginia
“OMG Gross!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel/motel accidently, thinking it was Country Inn across the highway. There isn't even a word to describe the room. DISGUSTING, is a word too good to describe it. No lock on the door, stains on the towels, sheets unclean with stains, poop on the toilet seat and so much more. Country Bates Motel is more like it. We ate the $50, left the key on the table and left.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Oct 3, 2013...Room 258. I am currently ranting while sitting in this non-smoking yet smoky smelly, mildew smelling, dirty carpet, nasty toilet & bathtub atrocious room!! I came here with my father until our house got ready, needless to say my father picked out his oh so clean room before I arrived. So they stick me with this hideous crap. It is stuffy and hot but when I turn the air on, a mildew smell comes through the vents!!Oh yeah, pulled the bedsheets back and there are obvious pubic hairs smh Customer service is horrible, the Indian lady has a very terrible attitude when I asked could I switch to a cleaner room or at least give me clean towels. I have stayed at other $50 hotels and they were so much better than this dump. Feel like I am going to vomit. I think I will sleep in my car tonight. What a waste of money. I do not feel comfortable in here!!! Please! Whatever you do, do not spend a dime on this rancid hotel!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bloomington, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Wow! First off a great price and friendly staff. Lobby was freshly painted, very ornate. House keepers were thorough, took their job seriously, and made sure we had plenty of fresh towels. Overall experience was great and cant complain about price.
Miss them already!
Would recommend to friend

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I mistakenly booked this hotel instead of the Country Inn for 1 night. What a dump. The sheets were dirty, the non smoking room reeked, and the front desk called me twice at 1am asking for a copy of my checkin paperwork. Do not stay here.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Woodbridge, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was the worst hotel or motel ever. My husband and I arrived at the hotel at 10:00pm Monday night 10/08/12 and asked how much the room was the front desk person said $50.00 only because we were tired of driving we said okay book the room. The first room that we stayed in had no remote no cable hooked to the tv so we called the front desk and the person on duty switched the room. The next room we got had remote but it did not work my husband had to make the tv work by plugging it in and hooking up the cable. Then there was no trash cans in the room, no refrigerator, no microwave. There was mildew in the shower, hole in the wall and the room stunk I was afraid to sleep there. But I had to because the front desk had a sign the once the room was booked there were no refunds. The person at the front desk didn't even speak English. There was a room in the hotel that the glass was broken out. The pool was dirty and the hotel had a sanitation rating of 78% . I have pictures of the mildew in the shower and pictures of the hole in the wall. For $50.00 dollars a night you would expect a refrigerator and a mircowave and Wi-Fi and at least a trash can included in the room but no not with this hotel. I couldn't complain in the morning because there was no one at the front desk that spoke english and when I asked for a comment card they didn't even know what I was talking about. I have stayed in $50.00 night hotels and they at least had a refrigerator and mircowave and a lousy trash can this room wasn't worth the money they charged and if I have my way I will have it closed for repairs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

i would give this place negative five stars were that an option. i have been waiting for over a month for my credit card company to recover the money that i spent here during my five minute stay. i had picked goldsboro out on the map as a place to spend the night, and that in itself was a mistake. i arrived at about 9:00 pm after a fourteen hour drive, exhausted and ready to sleep. what i found were several motels that were overpriced for an area with no attractions. after two inquiries at hotels across the road, i decided to just take a room at the next hotel no matter what the price. i paid, and was told that my room was on the second floor on the inner part of the hotel near the pool. i drove around the parking lot and quickly realized that i had made a huge mistake checking in. it seemed to be more of a weekly rental situation for people down on their luck, and with no energy to clean up after themselves. the place was dirty. there was broken furniture piled up outside of some of the rooms. the "pool" was full of disgusting green liquid and leaves. i was not able to see my car from my room. the lights in the corridors were of an extremely low wattage. and it kept getting worse. for some reason i was put in a room which neighbored a bunch of guys who were hanging around getting drunk. they kept calling out to me. oh, and what do you know -- the lock on my door was broken. i don't need to get into detail about the condition of the room, it seems so secondary to the lack of safety i felt here as a single female travelling alone. i can honestly say that i have felt safer as a budget traveller in countries where i couldn't speak the language than i did here. it was clear to me that i would not be getting any sleep at all here. it is inexcusable that the managers are keeping my money when i returned the key to them ten minutes after payment. what a couple of pathetic losers!!! i am reporting this place to AAA and Better Buisness and anyone else who will listen. unless you feel like taking a chance at getting robbed or worse keep driving.

Room Tip: i don't believe that such a thing exists in this h&%l hole.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Mayodan, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

In all of my travels by far the worst experience ever with a hotel! The staff was rude, the rating was a 77, the smell was hideous, the clientel left much to be desired (hookers & drug dealers), & top it all off NO WATER IN THE POOL!!! The wesbite is very much misleading. My son was scared to death to stay there. I demanded a refund due to false advertising. It will be a long time before I get over this experience. Have no idea how they are still operating! BEWARE

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Serena Inn Goldsboro? Share your experiences!