“Better than most” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
Niceville, Florida
“Better than most”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Clean, great complimentary breakfast. Room decor was for business. Next to Cracker Barrel, Waffle House.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

Outdated rooms. Uncomfortable beds/bedding. Right near the highway, noisy. Moldy, musty, smelly rooms. Don't try to save your money, stay at the nearby hotels and pay a little bit more. You'll be able to sleep at night.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Allentown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

Wow! What a pleasant experience! This place was great! Excellent service, cleanliness, (they are always cleaning here) and professionalism. I was moving from PA to NC and was in need of somewhere to stay for about a week.
Knowing the area a little from before I knew that the location of the hotel was safer, cleaner, etc…So when I came upon this Best Western my expectations were high but I am glad to say that they even surpassed those.
I was moving from PA to NC and after a grueling 9 ½ hours my fiancé and I arrived early and was immediately greeted with the southern hospitality that I had so dearly missed. We were placed in our room early and suffice to say that it was a comfortable size bedroom but more like a suite. The staff was immediately accommodating and helpful even though it was obvious that we interrupted their daily cleaning ritual (as I said before they are always cleaning)
The location is convenient to shopping malls, movies, entertainment, eateries galore, all within a 2 mile radius of the hotel) hospitals and highways (charlotte is only 30 mins. away). But it was the service and friendliness of the staff that made our trip and transition to NC so pleasant. We even extended our stay another week because of the quality of the service. It was more of a home away from home in the interim of a very stressful time and it is because of the many wonderful and helpful people that I have met at this hotel …Mr. Andy, John, Alberta, Candela, Charlene, Fatima, and all the countless others that I have not named personally…Thank You for a wonderful stay at your hotel
. I would and will recommend this hotel to anyone that I know or meet. My hotel stay was like a vacation…in Gastonia…Imagine that!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

I would recommend any business or leisure traveler to this hotel. I wonder how wrong other reviews have been posted at this site by bogus operators. The staff was professional, the lobby was welcoming and cozy. Our room was pleasant with newly renovated interior, the soft mattress was out of this world. Fresh breakfast and coffee in the morning is really refreshing to start a day. We could walk to any of our favorite restaurants in the evening, the front desk had some fine dinning discount coupons. We are looking forward to our next company meeting there. I cannot believe how reasonable the rates are compared to others around here.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Charleston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2008

My husband and I stayed here on our way to the Great Smoky Mountains for our anniversary weekend get-away. The front desk clerk was super nice... when we told her it was our anniversary, she gave us an incredible rate on one of their jacuzzi rooms out back. I was surprised to read in others' reviews that this motel was recently renovated versus brand new. Our room had a pleasantly clean aroma... no lingering smoke or mildew odors. We were impressed with the size of the room and the quality of the furniture (no nics, dents, tears or stains), considering the price we paid. We had a fridge and a microwave... and of course a coffee pot and hair dryer. The only problem we had was that I had to clean the jacuzzi tub myself before we used it (hairs, gross!!!) The bathroom and sink area were spin-n-span though. Surprisingly, the interstate traffic (we were warned about by the clerk) didn't keep us awake at all... we slept very comfortably and woke up feeling refreshed and ready to hit the mountains. We expected a deluxe continental breakfast and that's exactly what we got. I can't comment about the pool or any other amenities, since we didn't use them. Had it not been for those hairs (which I am an absolute freak about!), I would probably have given this place an excellent rating.

• Liked — Large and comfortable room
  • Disliked — Jacuzzi tub not clean
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Southern USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2008

Not a bad value. Gave me a better rate when I hesitated at the desk. $65 for a single. Newly renovated. Good beds. Okay breakfast. Nice staff. Problem is the smoke from other rooms is everywhere and even the non-smoker rooms were smelly. If you don't mind the smoke, it is good place. Otherwise there are several other hotels at that exit.

• Liked — rate
  • Disliked — smoke
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Newport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2007

Great hotel-Greate price. We have stayed in the past was not that pleasent. They have changed the new bad, it was very nice. I slept like a baby. Refrigator and microwave ware helpful. Bathrooms nicely decorated with all granite.Staff was friendly and breakfast was good too. Location is great and seems it was safe . I would stay again if I will visit Gastonia.

• Liked — nice clean rooms, location
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN Gastonia? Share your experiences!