“Dinner and a movie” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Gastonia, North Carolina
“Dinner and a movie”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I went to Portofino's as a reference from one of my dates' close friends. I must say we were a little put of about it being in a store front. He was worried about the amount of seating available or if there was any at all. The restaurant has a bar in the front and plenty of seating, possibly enough for large parties with reservation. I had the salmon salad and he had the chicken salad. The price was great for the amount of food received. The salmon salad was good; nothing I couldn't make at home. He mostly picked through his chicken salad because of all the extra that was in it. Overall it is a nice place for a dinner and then a movie.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was a great Italian restaurant. I loved the pasta and their fresh baked bread.

I also had a cannoli and it was fabulous. Really hit the sweet spot.

Visited September 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Glad we stopped”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on our way down 85 towards Atlanta because we wanted something besides fast food. We were a little unsure about an Italian restaurant in a strip mall, but were very pleased. The portions are huge, so my husband and I split the veal special. They do have a $5 split charge, but it was very reasonable considering the fact that we both got a salad (with the great house dressing) and a still rather large portion each. We thought it was outstanding. We were also very impressed with the service. Although the atmosphere isn't quaint or particularly attractive, everyone was very friendly, and we enjoyed our visit here. Follow the signs to Applebee's from 85 and you'll find this restaurant in the same shopping center. Worth a visit!

Visited July 2013
“Look in the Shopping Center - you will find it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stopped by here on the way through Gastonia. It was very good. I tried the Spaghetti with Bolognese sauce. Wife had noodles with butter, Garlic and broccoli , Food was good. Was disappointed with the Garlic bread. Was a toasted bun with a slice of cheese and garlic. I want garlic rolls or knots.

i would go back - just not for the bread.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Belmont, North Carolina
“RANCID, ROTTING SEAFOOD!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I ordered mussels with white sauce, a favorite dish of mine... in most cases...
When I took a bite of a mussel, I found that it had a horrible taste. The mussels that were served to me were rancid and partially decomposed. When I could finally get the waitresses attention, she was not apologetic at all. I expected the manager or ANYBODY in charge to come to my table to address the situation, but it did not happen.
Yes, the waitress comp'd the mussels. We paid for my husband's meal and the drinks feeling as though the staff, management, OWNERS do not care. I got very ill in the parking lot (I guess that's what happens when you take a bite of decomposed shellfish).
I located the restaurant's website after returning home and sent them an email expressing my concerns. I included my phone number and email address and let them know that I was hoping for a response. I've been waiting for a couple of weeks and have not gotten one at all.
I can guarantee that I will never eat at Portofino's again and I will let anybody who will listen know that they proudly serve food that can make you sick and kill you.
If you value your health at all, STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!

• Visited April 2013