“Very good BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
NC
“Very good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The place was packed during our lunch visit. The BBQ was very good. They have the "Lexington or Eastern style" sauce along with the thicker style. They offer pork, chicken, ribs, and various kinds of sandwiches. Our server was very attentive and kept coming by to refill our sweet tea. We will definitely return when in the area.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very busy all the time.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Its the rebirth of a BBQ restaurant which was sold, closed and now reopened I believe with the original family running the restaurant. Clearly a local favorite both during the lunch and and at night. The lot is always filled! If your a big fan of barbeques - you'll probably be happy

Visited October 2012
Jacksonville, FL
“I Dream About This Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I make special trips to this place, because I live 500 miles away. Whenever I'm driving north from my home in Florida, I try to incorporate a visit here, even when it means driving out of the way. The barbecue is chopped, served with a sweet sauce. OK, a very sweet sauce. The hush puppies are to die for, or, as many as I eat, perhaps to die from. Available side items include standards like fries, onion rings, and cole slaw, all of which are satisfactory.

This is not fine dining. Jeans and a t-shirt, and you're dressed for dinner. Service is what it is, but it usually ranges from acceptable to excellent. The dining room appears clean and adequate. The charm of this place is on your plate. Definitely worth a try.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, North Carolina
“The Best around BAR none”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My Wife and I visited this Place once and now we are hooked .This is BBQ at its best .They have the Red slaw like I'm used to getting at Lexington .I can't say enough about this Restaurant you got to try it .I highly recommend it .

Visited October 2012
“Best Barbecue in NC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Their sauce is the best! I love that they bring hush puppies to the table with their sauce before your food comes. Their pulled pork is the best I have ever had. Their food is so good that we asked then to cater our wedding reception. The owners are so nice and take pride in what try do. I recommend Ole Carolina over any other barbecue place in Gastonia. Delicious and affordable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere