“Excellent priced Sunday Buffet” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 197 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Gastonia, North Carolina
“Excellent priced Sunday Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Recently went there after church with my family to check out the Sunday buffet. The price was the draw. At less than $9.00 a person I was curious about whether or not the food would taste canned or home-cooked. Very pleased. Fried chicken was hot and crispy. Delicious fried squash with breading that actually stayed on during the frying process. Nice salad bar that included fresh fruit. We went before 12:00 PM and didn't have any wait time. Will definitely be going back.

Gastonia, North Carolina
“Needs a good scrubbing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The food is OK, especially the buffet, but the atmosphere is substandard. They need to scrub the whole place starting with the walls, tables, chairs and floor. The "decor" on the walls is just a bunch of junk nailed up on the walls, with no particular theme. They need to lose most of that and paint the place a pleasant color. We saw food in bulk stored outside the bathroom door in a dark hallway. Every toilet in the ladies room was stopped up or would not flush and half the doors were off. These things have to factor into the experience as a whole. Looking at the dining area, I have to wonder whether the kitchen is sanitary.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Belmont, North Carolina
“Bones”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We found one bone, on my last bite the first time we visited, but the flavor brought us back. The wait staff simply said “fish have bones.” Unfortunately when I brought my brother, who has a very delicate gag reflex, his first bite was a mouth full of bones. About the same time I got a bone and decided it was not worth trying to eat it. So we had two plates of inedible bones. Not wanting to cause a scene we discreetly mentioned this to our wait staff. Her response was “fish have bones.” I know when you pull fish out of the water they have bones, but generally speaking before you cook fish, it is customary to remove the bones. If I want to pick out the bones, I will do it at home and not pay someone else to do it for me. It is an expensive restaurant on par of a steakhouse and for us to not even receive an apology was appalling. We will never go back.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is a large restaurant that has a good selection of seafood including crab legs.Crab cakes and scallops were excellent. Waitress was very friendly and provided good service. Also has a good selection of steaks including prime rib on fridays and saturdays. Will return. 5 miles from Daniel Stowe gardens.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kings Mountain, North Carolina
“good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We attended the Sunday Buffet.
They were very crowded. The bar was set up almost against the wall with the salad bar within a few feet beside. Traffic was one way.
The cube steak and gravy was at the lower part of the bar, the rice far up on the other end. To get rice and gravy I had to go around the bar twice which wasn't an easy feat.
The food was good but definitely not outstanding. Cube steak and shrimp were as good as one can get anywhere else, the fish fillets were somewhat dried out and tough.
One really good thing though, asparagus, it was cooked perfect.
Drink is extra, not unusual at most buffets BUT desserts were extras as well which to me seems chintzy.

• 3 of 5 stars Food