“I was very pleased. It had everything I needed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Gastonia

You added Motel 6 Gastonia to your Saves list
Motel 6 Gastonia
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1901 Broadcast St, Gastonia, NC 28052 (Formerly Microtel Inn)   |
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
“I was very pleased. It had everything I needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

It was inexpensive and I only needed to stay one night. They were accommodating and had fresh coffee in the morning. Everything was clean and the staff was very helpful. I needed an extra blanket and got it. I'm glad I found an inexpensive ,clean hotel to stay at because I travel through here quite a bit Thank you!

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I recently visited this hotel for the week of Thanksgving 2013. Again, I was not dissapointed. My room was under $50(book on the hotel website, it's much cheaper). My room and bathroom was clean. Although I think they need to upgrade on the Tv's I was visiting from Connecticut and I wasn't there to watch tv but just to rest. The front desk staff was professional and friendly and the cleaning staff were consistent with cleaniness. The neighborhood is safe and your next to 321 where there are various convienent gas station stores and fast food joints along the road. If you don't need swimming and breakfast amenties this is a good hotel to stay. When I come to visit down south I like to experience different foods and the best thing to do is have country breakfasts around area(very good) not eat hotel breakfast.

Room Tip: Ist floor if you just want to get in quickly and rest.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Martinsburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were doing a transport for a rescue dog and were meeting the previous drivers in the area. I looked for a hotel that was pet-friendly and clean. We were not charged an extra fee for the dog, which I was happy about. We did not need any frills as we were only there long enough to sleep. The place was clean (which was my biggest concern) and the staff was very friendly. Price was definitely right. I would stay here again if in the area!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mid-West
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is a bare bones basic motel that was formerly a Microtel. There are two floors and stairs only...no elevator. The second floor is all smoking rooms and the first floor only has about half non smoking rooms. The quietest rooms appear to be 101 & 105 on the ground floor and it seems that smoking is allowed in those rooms. All of the rooms on the top floor seemed to be noisy. Odd numbered rooms are at the back of the motel while even numbered rooms are at the front and face I-85. There is a new Holiday Inn directly behind this Motel 6. There is a Hardee;s and a pancake restaurant nearby and a Food Lion store, but not much else. I chose it for the location and price. Many of the rooms have been updated with new carpeting and come with a microwave oven and mini-fridge. Again, this is a very basic motel with only a bar of soap in the bathroom with basic towels. No shampoo. Beds appear to be dated but comfortable. Other guests slam the doors here, and it would be great if management asked guests at check in to please not slam the doors.

Room Tip: Even numbered floors on the second floor look out onto the Holiday Inn and parking lot. There is noi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
richmand Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

my family loved this plce cause of clean and comfortaable rooms. Staff were very helpfull.
i wish they serve breakfast in morning. other wise we were pleased with their service. every thing was good ,safe ,well kept, clean, friendly. they even let us staid till noon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Asheboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed at this motel on business from 8/18-21/2013. I was pleasantly surprised with the room, desk service and overall cleanliness of the hotel. It is in a business district with several other ones around, but this motel stands out. I enjoyed it so much I made reservations for a return trip a week later. I plan on using this establishment every time I am in that vicinity on business until something makes me change my perception.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Anderson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This motel is a good place to stay for a low price. We paid only $39.99 plus taxes for a clean , quiet room with a microwave and fridge...even had free wifi. It is not fair to complain about the lack of extras when you are staying at a budget motel...If you want a hot breakfast you can eat in a restaurant with some of the money you saved and keep the rest. We will stay here again...met out needs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Motel 6 Gastonia? Share your experiences!