“Expense-Account Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
Atlanta, Georgia
“Expense-Account Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I got locked out of the Charlotte-area hotels (Southpark, Ballantyne, etc) due to my company's hotel rate policy...but this hotel was within policy and wasn't too far from my next-day business destination so I gave it a try.
I will definitely return to this hotel.
Front desk attendants (both at check in and check out) were extremely friendly and courteous. The hotel doesn't have a bar, but they have a "market" where you can buy wine and beer...which meant that I could have a nightcap in my pajamas!
I was pleased with my room. The bathroom fixtures were made of white porcelain which made it easier to see that it was clean. Floor was clean...no hair, no dirt, no stains. The carpet also was clean. One caveat...the walls are thin, so you can hear toilets flushing in other rooms (in my case, above me).The Internet connection was consistent and fast.
I would suggest to management that they place security cameras in the parking lot...because most of the parking spaces are on either side of the hotel...and not visible at all from the front desk.
In short, if you are traveling on business, this hotel is a great value and in my opinion, much nicer than a lot of other properties in Charlotte.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gastonia, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for the complimentary comments. We do appreciate you taking the time to share about how clean our hotel is. We know that cleanliness promotes comfort which is necessary for a great night's sleep. We are tucked away from all the noise and distractions while being convenient to restaurants and shopping. We are definitely geared towards our loyal business travelers but have great amenities such as an Indoor Pool/Hot tub, 2300 sq ft of meeting space, and an all you can eat breakfast option. We look forward for your return and we're ready to be your new home when traveling back to Charlotte, NC.

Travel safe!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I am from Knoxville TN and I travel quite regular, from San Jose CA all the way over and up to Atlantic Beach NY and down to Miami FL, you might as well say I live in hotels, so I always look at the overall Hotel when I look for either a room for the Night or by the week. The Courtyard is the only Hotel in Gastonia with a 3 star rating. Now on that note, by reading the reviews on line I was prepared for the worst.
Once I walked into the Hotel it was very clean and busy, I was warmly greeted by Jonay Diaz (A very professional looking guy at the front desk checking me into my room.) we talked for a few minutes about the Hotels Amenities and the local attractions, a very knowledgeable person. If only the other Hotel chains had a person as excited and professional as he was towards his job. If anyone reads these as I do, in my opinion Jonay Diaz has my respect and my highest recommendation for customer service.
I walked to my room, the temperature was set. Very comfortable! The room was clean because I started looking for flaws as the reviews said were there. The room smelled clean everything nice and neat, JUST PERFECT! Went down into the pool area, had soft music playing and again a very peaceful atmosphere and very clean. Jacuzzi was perfect, nice and hot. The pool was heated, again very nice.
Hotel was quiet and staff was simply amazing. I could not have stayed at a nicer, friendlier Hotel. I heard no noise from traffic and the Hotel was in the middle of everything. Perfect location if you want a quiet and great customer service experience. The mall 5 minutes away, nice restaurants 2 minutes away, not to mention gas station and grocery store minutes away this is now my most favorite Hotel to stay.

• Stayed January 2013
What an exciting review with very detailed interactions. Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing this great experience. Jonay does an excellent job and is well known amongst our guests for providing refreshing service to each guest. I will share your comments with Jonay and the rest of the team that took such great care of you. We hope to solidify you as a loyal guest for our hotel when traveling to Gastonia, NC and we'll exceed your expectations then as well!

Please return soon and travel safely!
Asheville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This had to be one of the cleanest hotels that I have ever stayed in. The staff was super friendly, and very helpful with all of the questions that I had. I also love the location of the hotel, not far from restaurants and the mall, and best of all not far from the Queen City. It's right off of 85 so it's convenient, and it's a safe area. :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gastonia, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us. We do have a very different Courtyard as it compares to others and we're excited about it. Our location is perfect for guests like yourself to stop through on your commute or to stay and enjoy some of the shopping and new restaraunts we have in Gastonia, NC. My team does an excellent job maintaining our hotel by providing the service you expect. We hope to accommodate you again really soon!

Travel safe!
Rock Hill, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to treat ourselves to a "staycation" close to home and chose the Courtyard in Gastonia as our weekend retreat. We were greated warmly upon arrival- which was very nice after a long week of work for both of us. Upon asking for restaurant recommendations closeby, the front desk associate was extremely helpful and provided us a list of local restaurants and his own personal reviews of a few. That sort of personal service can be hard to come by these days and it didn't go unnoticed. Our room was clean and comfortable and my "techie" of a boyfriend was impressed with the speed and quality of the free internet provided- he travels very often for work and can be easily frustrated by a spotty connection. We would definitely stay at this property again and have already recommended it to friends and family who are coming into the area.

Room Tip: Request a balcony if it's a nice night!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CLTCGGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gastonia, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! This is a great experience to share with my team and thank you for mentioning the great internet connection. We have just recently updated our system and have had little to no issues for our guests to log on. This is extremely important when traveling on business or the everyday need for online access. We pride ourselves on a clean accommodation and we look forward to doing it all over again!!

Travel safe and thanks for choosing Courtyard by Marriott of Gastonia, NC!
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My favorite place to stay while on business near Charlotte. Extremely friendly faces, clean rooms and perfect service time after time. No need to spend extra dollars in Charlotte hotels while you have a 5 stars hotel right there off 85, 10 minutes from the city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 Star treatment for our 5 Star guests which is you! Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your experience. You're absolutely right for choosing our hotel and comparing us to hotels that aren't far away in distance but surely much more expensive. We'll be right here waiting for your return trip to Gastonia, NC!

Thanks for sharing your experience and please travel safe!
Raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I’m well traveled due to my profession and travel often internationally and to major cities domestically so I usually have a larger selection of hotels to choose from. I have become accustomed to lodging in 4-star + and boutique hotels and resorts. However, due to business directly in Gastonia, my options were limited. I’ll be first to say my stay at the Courtyard Marriott in Gastonia has forever changed my perception of selecting hotel accommodations. My GPS had me totally lost. I called the front desk for directions. Not only did they provide accurate directions, they were very patient and remained on the phone with me until I reached the parking lot. The GM, Charles (I think) was the first to greet me as I arrived with that southern hospitality I don’t often get when I travel other places.The lobby, my room/bathroom was SUPER clean and appeared to be newly renovated. I accidentally left my shower shoes at home and I wasn’t even grossed out without them. The Waffle House and Cracker Barrel are my 2 fav eateries in the entire universe and they are literally in walking distance to this hotel. Every staff member I came into contact with was exceptionally friendly and professional with tons of personality. Amazingly quiet! My company is going to love my expense reports going forward. Er

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your great review! It excites my team to no end when we hear this type of an experience. We would like to think we're the best but its valued guests like yourself that really confirm that we have it right. We couldn't provide this type of product without bonds with travelers that really appreciate a clean and comfortable accommodation. I have shared this entire review with my team and we look forward to being your exclusive lodging choice whenever you're in Gastonia, NC.

Travel safe....
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stopped in Gastonia, NC on my travels to SC for the holiday. I truly enjoyed my experience at this hotel as the staff and facility itself is "top notch" to say the least. I enjoyed the bright and modern atmosphere along with the wonderful customer service that I experienced during my stay. I will continue to use this location as my stopping point for my future trips traveling south.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you Ms. Cristina W! I'm happy that we could accommodate you during the holidays especially. We look forward to having you back long before the holidays roll back around. Our team in the Cafe' remembers your warm smile and laughter! Hurry back!

Thanks for staying with Courtyard Gastonia!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Gastonia? Share your experiences!