“Grade school management - Stay away” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Charlotte, NC (Gastonia)

You added Value Place Charlotte, NC (Gastonia) to your Saves list
Value Place Charlotte, NC (Gastonia)
1830 Wren Turnpike, Gastonia, NC 28052   |
Kershaw, South Carolina, United States
“Grade school management - Stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The guest above me is very loud during the day and the night, and now has woken me up for several nights at 5:00 AM. I advised the management staff about this guest, and they told me that they would talk to him, and if it happened again to call 500 to reach on site staff, and that they didn't have a problem evicted noisy guests. I did call the very next morning as I was awoken again. I talked to the management staff later that day and they said I would have to move. I asked why he didn't have to move as he is the disruptive one. They advised me that he didn't have to move "Because he was here first"! Seriously? Is this grade school management? There is also what appears to be a drug addict hanging about the side door digging through the ashtray for cigarette butts on three occasions. I am terminally ill with an RNase L enzyme dysfunction and being told that I have to pack my things and move because of someone else's rude behavior is unacceptable. I have decided to check out when my week expires and go to another hotel. NEVER again will I consider ANY Value Place hotel.

Room Tip: Pick any other hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Todd O, General Manager at Value Place Charlotte, NC (Gastonia), responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We thank you for your review and your recent stay. I apologize that a another guest was making noise in an excessive manner. We do take the comfort of all our guests very seriously and will make every attempt to keep noise issues under control. Thank you again for your feedback, we will use this information to improve our overall service at Value Place and we hope you will give us another try in the future.

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lake Waccamaw, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was our second stay here at this motel, the first time we stayed it was affordable clean and safe to stay at, and the staff is very friendly and nice, we enjoyed our stay here. So we decided to stay here a second time because of that reason, it started off good with no problems about 3 weeks into our stay they put people over us that was very loud and noisey, we let them no but nothing was done, anyway to make a long story short there was a arument in the parking lot about 1:00 am in the morning. That was very scarry, the police had to be called and the same weekend the gas cap on my vehicle got STOLEN!!! (of all things to steal)any way hopefully they will address these problems and go back to being a safe place to stay. We Hope!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We thank you for your review and your stay. I apologize that a another guest was making noise in an excessive manner. We do take the comfort of all our guests very seriously and will make every attempt to keep noise issues under control. Thank you again for your feedback, we will use this information to improve our overall service at Value Place and we hope you will give us another try in the future.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The place is extremely CLEAN and well managed. The staff is very FRIENDLY. I highly recommend this property if you need a short/long term place to stay that is VERY affordable. Great location right off the freeway. Only I advice I would give is try to get a room on the opposite side of the freeway if you want to open your windows.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I booked a Credit Card guaranteed one week stay Sept 1st-Sept 8th, 2012 in July 2012. Showed up to checkin on Sept 1st 2012 and was informed by the front desk Value Place, Gastonia was overbooked and my reservation was cancelled.

Huh? Who cancelled it? Why was I not informed? Sorry, we do not know and we cannot help. So what am I supposed to do, sleep in my car? Response: As per our corporate policy your reservation was cancelled, we cannot do anything.

Now, the DNC convention was in town. Can someone realize how hard it is to find a decently priced room for a week, last minute?

Oh yeah, call the phone number to complain, and they will give you a long story about how they are a 3rd party company that only takes complains. They are in no way affiliated with ValuePlace. It is Sept 7th, 2012 today. I have not recieved any resolution.

Stay Away from ValuePlace Gastonia, Stay happy. I will have my attorney pursue this matter further.

Room Tip: Bed bugs, Oh boy.
Gastonia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

This past year, my work has required that I travel to several states, and stay for a number of months in each one.
I have found the Value Place an excellent option; and have in fact been very disappointed when I found that the city I needed to be in did not have one.
I have been staying at the Gastonia location for the past several weeks, and was amazed when I came across the previous very unpleasant review. Frankly, I am grateful
that I had not seen it prior to becoming a extended stay resident here; because it may have lead me to not become one.
I would like to share with you the fact that this is without a doubt, the cleanest, best maintained location that I have had the pleasure of staying at; and I hope that you will not miss out on this excellent option, as I might have.

Room Tip: Top floors are usually quieter
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Was eaten alive by bedbugs. Tried to be civil with management because there were only a few bugs, but was accused of bringing the bugs into the hotel. He said the reason he made that comment was because room had just been heat treated. I guess he thought he was making a final point, but to me that was a confession of past problems.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Todd O, General Manager at Value Place Charlotte, NC (Gastonia), responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Good Morning and I am a senior member of management at Value Place in Gastonia, NC. I don't normaly respond to complaints in this fashion, but thought it was imperetive based on the circumstances that I respond. I am replying to the comment about "being eaten alive" by bed bugs. I just would like to say that we are a very reputable lodging facility in the Charlotte, Gastonia loacation and boast that we are a top performer in the company when it comes to being clean and safe and are consistenly ranked at the top of our clean and safe categories in the company. Having said that, I would like to be clear that unfortuantely bed bugs are a topic of concern for all lodging facilities throughout the world based on the fact that they are brought in by our guests, that they multiply quickly and that they are very hard to kill. The former guest who posted the comments did indeed have bed bugs. There is truly no way of knowing whether this guest brought them in or not as he was told by management, but what I can state are the facts and these are the facts. The studio in question was just treated for bed bugs about a week prior to this guest moving in and was inspected thoroughly for bed bugs after the treatment by which was rendered clean and safe for our guests by a licensed pest control contractor. The studio was inspected again just prior to this guest moving in as part of our clean process and again, there was no evidence of bed bugs. At some point during the guests stay, the guest captured several bed bugs and showed multiple bed bug bites to property staff. We attempted to resolve the situation with the guest, but was unsuccessful. The guest checked out and we re-treated the room once more and was again inspected and given a clean and safe status. The studio has been re-rented for about 3 weeks since and has not reported any bed bug issues. We also have checked the studio weekly for bed bug issues and have not detected any issues. Please also know and have peace of mind that we here at Value Place take these matters very seriously, are experienced and proactive in handling our clean and safe processes in addition to the handling of the bed bug issues. Please aso know that all of our occupied studios are routinely inspected for bed bugs in addition to all of our checked out studios with a precise, consistent and effective manner during a 99 point clean and safe inspection. Thank you for taking the time to read this post and we look forward to serving you and yours here at Value Place in Gastonia, NC.
Gastonia, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

I found it to be clean, safe, and economical. But far beyond that, the atmosphere created by the staff of focused excellence in customer service was a wonderful surprise.
I would recommend it to anyone who appreciates being a good neighbor.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Been to Value Place Charlotte, NC (Gastonia)? Share your experiences!