“Selectively Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of lotus bar & eatery

lotus bar & eatery
Ranked #8 of 181 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Bistro, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Our approach is simple: Good food... Fine drinks... Friends & Family. These are the ingredients at Lotus. We bring them together under the same roof, and combine these elements into a memorable experience. Sound complicated? It's not. We begin with an incredible variety of locally-sourced products and imported fresh ingredients, searching far and wide for distinct local flavors, and bringing them home to our close-knit community. Here at the crossroads of the Carolinas, we set our sights upon presenting to you, our valued customer, a time-honored feast that we hope will evoke a long-lost meal, an eye-opening experience at a five star restaurant, or a favorite that you haven't even discovered yet. With signature cocktails made fresh from scratch, over 80 domestic and imported micro-brews, 40+ wines by the glass, premium sake, and rare, small-batch spirits, we stock a drink lover's library to quench your thirst. Our sushi bar specializes in traditional fare as well as creative signature rolls, serving only the freshest fish: raw, cooked, and everything in between. Our kitchen finds inspiration in classic American comfort food, bringing together a wide range of regional influences and culinary know-how to produce a modern twist on homespun favorites. With fresh catch specials brought in daily from the coastal Carolinas, and everything from prime steaks, all-natural free-range chicken, and house-smoked BBQ to jumbo lump crab cakes, shrimp 'n grits, and homemade pastas, we have something for everyone regardless of taste, appetite, or budget. We Love what we do, and know you will too.
North Carolina
“Selectively Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Eat at Lotus about every 6 weeks with wife and other family friends.
Not being a sushi eater I can't comment but do know that everytime we are there the sushi chefs are continually busy.
It is an "upscale" nonchain resturant and the prices match.
I would not suggest you carry young children as they might not be able to find anything on the menu that they would want to eat. I will say that I always see children there at lunch and at night. But my grandchildren only eat certain things..........
Menu is interesting with dishes from pork, beef, seafood, etc.Several specials every night.
Have alway had very good waiters and nothing but excellent quality food.

• Visited December 2012

Gastonia, North Carolina
“Excellent Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Fantastic food. Probably the best sushi in Gastonia, although Jia Asian Fusion is very comparable. Excellent atmosphere. A bit pricey for the area, but worth it. Great place to go for the occasional treat.

Visited September 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Brunch is worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I've dined here before, dinner as well as the brunch. For Gastonia it's as close as you'll get to an "upscale" type restaurant. Portions are small but tasty. Pricey but like I said, tasty. I had the eggs benedict and it was very good. The grits are pretty good too. Most of the places to fine in Gastonia are chains, which seems the locals here are ok with that fact. I'm at the point in my life that I've earned my way to have a good meal and not settle for the chain type. Life's to short!! Eat here, you'll like it.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, NC
“Best sushi in the county”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

As you can tell we love the shushi here. We sit at the bar, order lots of sushi and a bottle of wine. Service is always prompt and friendly and the sushi....well the best. I think you would have to drive all the way to Charlotte to find it better. We also had items from their regular menu and find it to imaginative, creative and really good. Although, at least for our budget, a bit pricey.

• Visited October 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Succulent food and great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Wow, the Lotus Bar and Eatery was a good tip from my coworker Amanda. My wife and I went there on a date after our first baby was born, we got a snug little booth in the corner for privacy, and (no we didn't make out...much), we enjoyed time just to chat and talk about our little one. And while we were doing that, we enjoyed some amazing southern cuisine. My wife had the BBQ Sliced Smoked Pork and I had the White Cheese flatbread pizza. Both were delish! And we started with the best appetizer on the menu, the Potstickers. Prices were very reasonable, quality of food was fantastic, and the ambiance was cute, slightly romantic, and our server was super sweet. They even gave us a free dessert as it was also our anniversary date. A decadent creme brulee with chocolate sauce. Wow...Amazing! Definitely go. You might think it strange that it's located in a shopping center in Gastonia, NC, but believe me, it won't feel like you are.

• Visited May 2012