“This was a great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Members Save 10%
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Gastonia
Connecticut
“This was a great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2007

We stayed in Gastonia as an overnight stop on the way to an army reunion in Georgia.

The place was lovely, rooms large and comfortable.
Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet bountiful.

Plenty of restaurants in the area, however we chose one which was adjacent to the property and were able to walk to.

• Liked — everything
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Nicole B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Gastonia, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us. It makes me very happy to know that your stay was comfortable, and you were treated kindly by our staff. Please come back and see us when you are in our area!

Nicole Bolt, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2006

I stayed in this hotel 9/22/06-9/24/06. This is an average hotel. I usually stay in Uptown Charlotte for business. Naturally this hotel was not as nice as Uptown, but it was adequate. The bedding and pillows were comfortable. I didn't notice any stains on the walls. Yes, after the most recent comment I read on here I made sure to look. The carpet in the hallway looked in need of a cleaning and the room had a hint of a mildew smell. The staff was friendly and helpful. I might add that there were two ball teams staying there during the end of my stay so, I guess most people consider it an okay place. There are several places to eat within walking distance and the continental breakfast is okay, except when there are ball teams staying there and then you're lucky to get coffee, which by the way was also good. I even went down for coffee in the evening. I"m posting a few photos so you can see what we saw. The bathroom appeared clean. There were some loose tiles near the faucet and by the end of my two night stay ants had begun to make there way through the crack. I was satisfied with my stay. Not perfect but certainly not a dump.

• Liked — The Shower Head - My favorite!
  • Disliked — Cracked tile around tub faucet
  • Tips/Secrets — Franklin Blvd has All the stores!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
GSTNCSales, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn Gastonia, responded to this review, September 3, 2008
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I would like to note that right after your stay, our hotel underwent extensive renovations in 2007. Rooms have been completely renovated, as well as our lobby and hallways. Although your perception of us was not as great as I would like to hear, we can assure that now you will fully enjoy the new and renovated areas. I hope that you will give us another chance to make a "new" first impression with you!

Nicole Bolt, Sales manager
Aurora, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2006

We as a family usually seek out Hampton Inns. They are typically clean, safe family motels. We pay a bit more to stay there because we have found their standards to be the same throughout the country. Until now!
This Hampton Inn was filthy ! As soon as you walk through the doors, you are greeted with a dirty (lots of garbage on the ground) old carpet. The place reeks of mold and stale cigarette smoke. The whole atmosphere is that of a place that is just run down! We were given a smoking room,despite my reservation specifically stating Non Smoking. The stench of the smoking room was nothing short of disgusting!
We were moved to a non smoking room. This one had a huge blood stain smeared across the wall, at eye level I might add. No way housekeeping could have missed it. My daughters screamed at the sight of it. I wanted to check out. My husband having spent 12 hours driving, he just wanted to crash. He cleaned the blood himself and we reluctantly stayed.
I might add that the doors did not lock easily, we had to reinsert the key after shutting the door for the key to lock. If safety is important to you and your family take note!
The staff, while polite was definetly of the overworked, underpaid variety.
The pool was actually clean and my daughters enjoyed that one bright spot.
There are also lots of restaurants and other motels nearby. Since this Hampton Inn is nothing more than a one star budget motel with a Hampton Inn sign, we would suggest you stay at one of the other places. They cannot be worse than this!

• Disliked — Dirty, smelly, room safety concerns
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away!!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2004

Great hotel! The staff was very friendly, my room was huge, and everything was exceptionally clean. The bed was very comfortable (I've been consistently impressed with the beds of Hampton Inn), and the atmosphere quiet. Of course, the breakfast buffet was impressive, as it usually is at Hampton Inns. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2004

A nice Hampton Inn. Clean and pleasant with comfortable rooms and a nice accomodating staff. Wireless internet a plus. Restaurants and mall nearby too. Excellent value for the money. Will stay here again.

Been to Hampton Inn Gastonia? Share your experiences!