“Never disappoints...” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Harrisburg, North Carolina, United States
“Never disappoints...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Outback seems to be one of those chains that gets it right. This one is no exception. Was here for business. We had a great server, very friendly, personable and gave just the right amount of attention to our table (not too much and not too little). Food was very good (as usual) and beer was cold.
This is a nicely designed Outback, well maintained. Interior is very nice.

• Visited August 2014

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Outback in Garner, NC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Even though Outback is a chain, this particular restaurant is one of my absolute favorites. Everyone that works there is always welcoming and very nice. The food is always excellent and the service is always good. We always make a point of eating at this Outback every time we visit the area. Not your average chain restaurant experience!

• Visited June 2014
Garner, North Carolina
“It was OK...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Went out to eat here on Saturday, May 31. I always loved Outback and had not been in a few years. There, naturally, had been some menu changes in those years. I had a steak with a side of broccoli and grilled asparagus. The steak was fantastic (as always) but the two sides were mediocre. The broccoli was two spears of broccoli not like the florets they use to serve - there was a few florets on the spears. The asparagus was burned and I think there were about 7 of them.

I had sweet tea with my meal and it was incredably watered down. I finished up the night with the Skillet Apple Pie from the Moonshine Menu - it was really awful. It comes in a little cast iron frying pan and has what looks like a handmade crust (or perhaps a Pillsbury pie crust) and a thin layer of apple with a crumb topping. It also comes with the mini scoop of ice cream. The size wasn't the problem, it was the perfect amount - the dish itself was just not good. I didn't care for the apples, the seasoning on the apples or the awful crumb mixture on top (looked like oats). The tiny scoop of vanilla bean ice cream was good.

Our waitress was very nice, she came by to refill the drinks but we didn't see much of her (she didn't deliver the food). She was very busy running around. I can't even recall what her name was. There was a guy who came by and said something to us, but...I have no idea what he said because there was a group in the bar that was being loud (we were seated in a booth in the bar area). I didn't really hear him...perhaps I think he said "how is everything?"

I miss the Outback of years ago. This trip to this Outback was disapointing...

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Garner, North Carolina
“Great blue cheese salad, dry salmon”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We go there several times a month, but found you can't get good salmon--always dry. Manager there suggested I have them grill it on the flat bed, not wood fire grill. Haven't tried that and they are good about not charging if you don't like it. And I wish they had crab legs again. Years ago before Garner had an Outback you could get crab legs that were already slit for you. Hmm, that was really good. And I do love their onion soup.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Apex, NC
“Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had a wonderful anniversary dinner at this Outback. Tim was out waiter and was very attentive and accommodating,. Greeted by the proprietor. Great food as usual.

• Visited July 2013