“THIS IS GREAT PLACE TO EAT!!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 116 restaurants in Garner
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“THIS IS GREAT PLACE TO EAT!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

At first glance you may think this is a pub,not so. They do have a bar and great cocktails, cold beer and frosty glasses...but they also have some of the best food in the area. The buffaloe shrimp will make you crave more. They honestly have the best around. They also have a spicy shrimp quesadilla that will make you come back again and again. I am sold on this little place. They have live music and an A+ atmosphere. Always kind and always the same folks. Great place to go with the family or a couples date night. Enjoy! Enjoy!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great place to dine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I actually love this place, great food, great swervice. Go there you will love it

Visited April 2012
Angier
“Highly DISAPPOINTED”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

The letter, copied and pasted here, that I wrote to the restaurant.....

My friends and I ate at your restaurant on Tuesday, 4/10/12. This was our second gathering here, my first.

As I do most first times at an establishment, I asked the wait staff what their recommendation was for the type of food I want. This night, I wanted wings. She directed me to the Dutch Quality wings. I put my menu down as she described them to be a "dry-rubbed, spicy wing". I asked if they were "naked", meaning no breading and she said "yes". I took her recommendation and ran with it, ordering ten Dutch Quality wings.

When the plate arrived, my first thought was, "this can't be my order". The wings reminded me of a convenience store's fried chicken that had been under the heat lamp for hours too long. They were not dry-rubbed and they certainly were breaded, heavily, prior to frying. I am not one to complain without trying something first. I tried the first wing and they were extremely over cooked. I can't even categorize them as crispy. The breading was hard and the meat chewy. I tried a second, hoping the first was a fluke. I took one bite and pushed my plate back as they were not anything like the definition and they were unfit for even normal fried wings.
The waitress made her rounds and noticed that my plate, still full and barely touched, was ready for pick-up. She asked me if everything was ok and I explained to her that no, the wings weren't what I expected and I couldn't eat any more. She took the plate, asking if I wanted a to-go box for them. I again explained that the wings were not good. To her credit, she asked if I wanted anything else. My friends were more than half finished and I was not going to order another plate and have them wait on me. I declined her offer.
Long story short...My check arrived and the wings were on it. I do not like a scene, nor do I like to bring undo attention to myself or the people around me. (This, actually, is the first time I've ever contacted a restaurant after a poor meal. I've rarely even returned a meal once it's made it to my table.) I waited until all checks were paid and asked the waitress for her attention. I explained to her everything I've included here. She quickly diverted responsibility to a manager, explaining that I could speak to him. I asked to please speak with him. Shortly later, a man came to me, we made pleasant introductions and I explained to him my dissatisfaction. He asked me if there was something wrong with the food. I thought to myself, "other than EVERYTHING I've just explained?". He said there was nothing he could do if I just didn't like the food. I told him the food was over cooked and his explanation was that this is how most people like the Dutch House wings prepared...I asked, "there's nothing you can do?". His remark, was that if there was something wrong with the food he could do something, if I just didn't like it, he couldn't do anything. I thought, again..."other than everything, the meal was perfect...". I knew I had reached a dead-end and told him to charge my card. I'm not going to make a scene over $10 of food.
Here's where I can make a difference. On Tuesdays or Wednesdays of every week, year round, my club gets together with our Raleigh chapter and we meet and eat. We are expanding from our usual spots and stumbled across your restaurant. On a Tuesday night, there were 19 of us on your patio. And, this was a small turnout for us.... Walking through the restaurant to the restroom, I noticed that there were approximately another 15 patrons. We effectively doubled your sales for a Tuesday night, during this time frame. Tuesdays and Wednesdays I would imagine an additional 20 (at least) patrons on a regular basis would be welcome. I highly doubt you see us again. The Cleveland Draft House has been our meeting place and they know us by first names. It's interesting to me that a "bigger picture" couldn't have been observed by management. I'm sorry that our branching out did not work for us with your establishment and the word of mouth advertising shouldn't get you further new customers. I'm disappointed and upset that, at age 37, the first time I go to a manager of a restaurant to try and make things "right", I was stonewalled.
Highly disappointed,
>>>>>>>>>>

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Benson, NC
“Best family sports bar in our area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

I can't believe the Clubhouse only has one review so I'll put in my two cents. This is our burger and a beer place. They have great food and lots of booths. You can get a whole down home dinner like country fried steak or sandwich baskets with your choice of sides. French fries come regular or spicy (yum)! They serve the best Reuben Sandwhich I have ever had. Service is great and families are welcome. Technically it's a sports bar with plentiful tv's but the atmosphere is kinda quiet and cozy.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This is my hang-out. They have excellent food, good prices, cold beer, friendly staff, the owners are great & it...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2008

This is my hang-out. They have excellent food, good prices, cold beer, friendly staff, the owners are great & it has a good atmosphere!!!!