“An absolute Nightmare!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Garner
Naperville, Illinois
“An absolute Nightmare!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I arrived at 11:45 pm, on Saturday, 8/13/11 and prepaid for 4 nights, $227.00 . I got checked in, and went to my room. The lights took forever to come on, (if they came on at all) there was no TV remote, and hardly any channels that could even be watched - regular cable, but all static-y. No worries, I thought, I will deal with it in the morning......

The next morning, I called the office, and get a remote for the TV, and tell the owner about the issue with the static, she tells me its Normal. OK, fine, I am not there to watch TV anyway..... I left and went out with family.

I return later that evening only to find out that housekeeping hadn't been in the room at all to exchange the towels or empty the trash. (i could care less about the bed being made, I am just going to mess it up again...)

I take my kids to the pool, only to be kicked out 10 minutes later - no one ever told me the pool hours and they were not posted where they were visible from the gate. OK, it was 10:30 pm, and the lady tells me that the pool was supposed to be closed at 10:00 she was just busy at the front desk. - we leave, and we'll come back tomorrow evening. We try it again the next evening, and we get to the pool at 8 pm - the gate is already locked - I marched to the office and spoke the the woman at the front desk, and asked her why - she replies with the pool closes at dusk..... WTH? the lady yesterday said 10PM????

At this point i am beyond furious!!!!! But wait, it gets better!!!! I call the office to ask for a late checkout the following morning, and the woman tells me that they have a courtesy check out till 12 Noon, after that, its an additional $10 / Hr. FINE. I can deal with that I guess.

The next morning, the girls and I head to the pool at 10 am. at 10:45 the lady at the front desk comes out and asks if we are in ROOM 116? Yes, we are - she tells me i need to get checked out because housekeeping is leaving soon. That is MY Problem, Why???
I told her what the other woman said about the courtesy check out and she tells me that is incorrect - check out is before 11 am. anything after that is $20 / hr.

Point of my complaint is - Do Not Stay Here. The management can't agree on what the rules for the guests are, the beds are Horrible - had a back ache for 4 days.... Bugs, lol, let me tell you about the bugs - there were cockroaches in the bathroom light fixture - not one or two - several of them.... shower curtain rod was falling down, toilet flushes like one on an airplane, toilet paper holder was broken......

and the continental breakfast was a JOKE!!! and the coffee is horrible too.

Don't waste your money, its not worth staying here, for any reason.....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Mount Airy, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

Had no problems here. Was quite and clean Had a free breakfast consitiing of the usual motel waffle machine and cereals and etc.
Staff was freindly and polite. I would stay again..

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Minneapolis MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

We stayed in a non-smoking handicapped first floor room from April 23-May 7 2009. We found the room very clean, updated and the room service accommodated our schedule with pleasure. The manager, Nick Mehta, his wife, and staff were extremely helpful and went out of their way to make our visit pleasant. We would definitely return for an extended stay!

In addition the motel is close to many restaurants, Food Lion and a small mall.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Southeast USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

This hotel has very dated rooms but it is clean. Furniture and bedding is extremely dated and shabby. Bath towels were very worn and not bright white but dingy. We needed a hotel that would take our dog and it was only $5 extra per night so we decided our options were limited. Breakfast was juice, coffee, tea, two different kinds of cereal, bagels, muffins, small donuts and some pasteries. Enough to get you started for the morning. The lobby and breakfast room are nice and it is too bad that the rest of the hotel hasn't been updated. It is clean but the sheets and spreads need to be updated. Nice staff but check-in seemed confused about the reservations. Check-in seemed to take forever. Check-out went quickly.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Albany, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2009

We booked our hotel as a package deal so we were a little concerned about what we might find. It's very convenient to the highway and we were VERY pleased with the hotel and our room. The room was a good size, and very clean and quiet. The staff were very nice and helpful. The only thing we thought could use improvement is the continental breakfast. We tried it our first morning and ended up going to Waffle House. Everything was stale and the coffee and tea were terrible. We chalked it up to the hotel not being busy so things weren't as fresh. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2007

Although conveniently located, this motel was in a very quiet area. It appeared to be practically new or recently remodeled. The paint inside and out was fresh, as well as the carpet and furnishings. The front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. I had accidently booked a smoking room, but had no problem having it changed to a non-smoking room upon our arrival. The continental breakfast was very sufficient. I would recommend this motel to anyone. We have stayed at higher priced motels that weren't as nice.

• Liked — the cleanliness and price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Wayne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2005

It wasn't a bad hotel, the manager was a pretty nice guy to talk to, it's located right behind a gas station and cracker barrel. It's really close to a food lion and it's really close to the interstate. The breakfast was really small it was mostly cereal and muffins, they also had oatmeal. The room I stayed in the door was kicked down so it had replacement locks on it which made me feel really disturbed. The air conditioner in my room was kinda loud, but it wasn't too bad for the money.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Super 8 Garner/Clayton/Raleigh? Share your experiences!