“Not great, Not terrible.” 3 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Garner
Certificate of Excellence 2014
North Carolina
“Not great, Not terrible.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

First thing to know. There is no elevator in this hotel. Carrying luggage up the stairs is challenging. The rooms are decent and the customer service was great. The air conditioner in the room did not cool very well and it made strange noises all night which kept me awake. I would recommend staying at the Wingate by Wyndham across the street if you can.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Upon arriving in the RDU area, I decided to see if the hotel would allow me to check in early. Once I arrived at the property, I was warmly greated by the Front Desk Clerk, LaToya, whom was absolutely a pleasure to deal with. Apparently due to my Elite Status, I was already pre-checked in, as this was a plus. But working with LaToya was great. She allowed me to check in early, explained the lay out of the property, provided me with Breakfast hours, advised me that the laundry room is free of charge for guest, and places to eat and/or shop. From my experience as a business traveler with Hotels around the world, this is something you don't find common at check in. During my check in process, I felt it was personalize just for me. And if that wasn't enough, the General Manager called me the following morning to make sure that I was as comfortable as possible and assured me that should I require ANYTHING, I should ring the front desk. This was by far my BEST experience at an BEST WESTERN in North Carolina. I've lodged at many within the RDU, Charlotte, Fayetteville, and Rocky Mount. areas, and this one was The Best. The beds were superb, extremely comfortable and the room decor was well suited too. Everything worked the way it should've and I had no complaints upon check out, other than staying an additional night. I enjoyed a benefit that many Hotels don't have and that was the "Door Tag Service" left inside of every room, each day your room is serviced, every day you're a guest at the Hotel. This door tag allows to select a time frame or even a specific time to have your room serviced. To me, it was an added benefits to have to keep the guessing out of if Housekeeping will enter your room while your inside. Despite the fact that your door have the "Do Not Disturb" tag on it, I've had in the past my sleep disturbed, due to ignorance. But not here. You control when and what time Housekeeping enters your room if you even what them in there. Another option was to decline Housekeeping totally and just requesting for the basics. If I can recall correctly, I believe that you're also able to request an "Wake-up Call" utilizing the "Door Tag". This property also have an Business Center, where you can access the web, email, ect. and also an printer. If you're ever staying in the RDU area and you're looking for an excellent hotel at an excellent price, BEST WESTERN PLUS EDISON INN, is the place for you. Sometimes I look for Hotels with great prices and depending on the area I may spend a little more for great service. But here at this property, you get it all for a great price. Unfortunately, I did not attend the Breakfast secession, so I'm unable to rate that, but I'm sure like many Best Western Chains, its great.

Room Tip: Most Hotel website will offer the LOWEST ROOM RATE
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

As we headed from Ohio for our annual family vacation on the Atlantic beaches of North Carolina, we spotted a Best Western sign at an Interstate-40 exit just as we needed to rest for the night. While the Edison Inn was not right at the interchange, it was not far and the signs were clear on how to find it. It looked very nice from the outside, and from the moment we walked into the lobby (with no reservation), we were made to feel very welcome. The lady at the front desk and every single staff member we encountered were professional, courteous and (most of all) friendly. The facilities were excellent, but it truly was the employees who made our visit so enjoyable that the Edison Inn is now on our must list when we head south again next year. This was our first time here, but it will not be our last.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Mays Landing, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

I wound up booking into this hotel via Priceline, and some of the reviews worried me, but I realized they were from before the hotel's renovation and switch from Holiday Inn to Best Western. I was very pleasantly surprised when we arrived!

The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful - even though it was 2:30am. The one and only downside to the place is the lack of elevators. I didn't know you could have a hotel without one these days! The rooms are very nice - they have updated furniture, comfortable beds, a big flatscreen tv, mini-fridge and microwave, and a nice, deep bathtub with adjustable showerhead. They offer free wireless internet, which was a huge plus for us. Parking is also free, and well-lit. The best freebie has to be the breakfast. They offer everything from cold cereal and bagels to eggs and sausage to biscuits and gravy to make-them-yourself waffles. There is also 24-hour coffee/tea/hot mocha service in the lobby.

We were in town for the NHL All-Star game, which had events at the RBC Center as well as the convention center downtown, and this hotel was close enough to everything to be convenient, yet far enough away so you're not in the middle of a city or stuck out by the airport. On a busier day, it took about 10-12 minutes to get to each place. There's a Golden Corral next door to the hotel, many other restaurants in the immediate area, and a Walmart 2 minutes down the street.

Not directly related to the hotel, but - There is a service called 919dine.com which will pick up food from various restaurants (both chains and local spots) in the area and deliver them to your room. They charge a small fee for each stop they make, but it is well worth it! There's something about getting Cold Stone ice cream delivered to your room that can make even a budget traveler feel decadent. :) Menus are in the lobby, or you can look them up on your computer.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. The staff was friendly, the facility itself is very well-kept, and even at the listed price on travel sites, it would be a great value!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Williamsburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

My wife and I stayed here while attending a wedding. The room was nice, the price reasonable, the clerk friendly. After returning home, and FOUR DAYS later, I received a letter informing that we had been charged an additionall $200 for smoking!! Not spring chickens, and non-smokers, (wife is an R.N.) we were stunned. We had no guests during our brief time in the room. Thinking it was all a mix-up, I called immediately. Without going into detail, I must say that the response (or lack of) that I got then, and in the ensuing week was perplexing, to say the least. I know these things happen, and I spent decades in retail, so I sympathize with all business people. I guess we'll never know exactly what brought about these accusations/charges; but with just a bit less indifference and a more open mind, I think this would have been handled much better and more quickly. We did finally get a refund, never really got an apology. This turned an otherwise nice memory into a nightmare.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

Stayed at this hotel because of a late business trip booking and other hotels were all booked. Plus we were trying to cut travel budget. This place is really cheap...and that's about the only good thing about it. The outside is gaudy, ugly and slightly unsafe area. The rooms itself were ok but the faucet broke and the cleaning people barge in regardless of signs.

The rooms were ok but not so great. So if you have a choice, stay away and take the cost increase to stay at a better hotel. I'm surprised that Best Western is associated with this place since I thought they had a good reputation (not anymore after staying here).

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

I was completely satisfied with my stay at this hotel! Front desk staff was reassuring and very helpful, explaining their emergency procedures for tornado watches. While I was here, a tropical storm was approaching the coast, so tornadoes were possible, but I doubted they would appear as far away as Garner. Either way, it's nice to know that they are prepared for such things. As for my room, it was spacious for a room with two queen beds. The bathroom was pretty big too, with lots of counter space. The beds were so comfortable, I hardly wanted to leave mine in the morning. My only problem here was that, unlike all other Expresses I've stayed at, the complimentary breakfast had no scrambled eggs or bacon. What they did have was just fine though. The best part is that if you're looking for a real restaurant, for any time of day, there is a Cracker Barrel right next door! This was a very pleasant, clean, and enjoyable stay.

• Liked — Pretty much everything!
  • Disliked — Current weather, but hotels can't control that.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Edison Inn? Share your experiences!