“Good family place” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 63 Restaurants in Fuquay-Varina
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
“Good family place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We went there to celebrate my birthday. There was another buffet restaurant in town that looked unique and interesting, but I finally decided it would be better to go someplace where I knew the nephews and nieces would have a good time. They were so adorable running back and forth with bowls of food that was exactly what they really wanted to eat and cotton candy for dessert. I liked the ribs the best of anything at this Golden Corral location. They had some candied nuts on the salad bar that were really good too. There were some disappointments with the service. I called ahead to ask if we could have a private room. They said that our party was not large enough to reserve one, but that no one else was expected there in their only private room. When we arrived, there was a large group in the room. I discovered a sign by the cash registers listing all the groups and their regular meetings. They knew ahead of time that there would be no room in the private room, but they failed to tell me. This meant that we had to sit in the regular dining area. I did not like that because there was country western music playing. It was very distracting, and the regular dining areas seemed very loud. The meeting room had no music, and that would have been better. Also, at other Golden Corrals, I have had them sing "Happy Birthday" or do something else special. I told them it was my birthday, but they didn't do anything special.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“A place for the super hungry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

A large selection of different foods are very good. The waitresses always are very considerate of the guest to make their visit a pleasant one. And of course also the price. What can I say, it's reasonable. The only disappoint was that I saw TripAdvisor members only had one review here ( if I may say so) and this is a decent restaurant too.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LONG ISLAND, NASSAU NY
“Always Wondered....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

SMH while thinking about this place.....it was more then great I will never see chain resturants again the same way....Who is the cook ?? He deserves kudos.

Visited May 2013
Duncan, NC
“Not the best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We visited the Golden Corral in Fuquay Varina on a Sunday afternoon and were quite disappointed. Food on the buffet was not as warm as it should have been. If the place had not been so busy and the food allowed to sit for a short while, I would have been fearful about bacteria growth. Gravies and sauces were congealing in the steam table due to the low temperature.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“The ribs are to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I really liked the food when i visited the Golden Corral in Fuquay Varina. I was a little hesistant after my experence at the Kinston restaurant.

• Visited December 2012