“About what you'd expect” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Fuquay-Varina
Boone, NC
“About what you'd expect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

This hotel is showing a little bit of wear, but it was very clean, and the customer service was very pleasant. Breakfast included scrambled eggs, biscuits, sausage patties, and waffles.
My only complaint was that the smell of some cleaner (maybe they had recently cleaned the carpets?) was SO strong, that we had to open the window for some fresh air. It was cold, so I felt bad about running the heater with the window open, but...

Room Tip: There are 2 floors, with no elevators.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Murphy, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Was unable to stay in a Country Inn and Suites and wanted to be in Fuquay Varina for business so I opted to stay at the Quality Inn, part of Choice Hotels, so I could build points.
Nice modern rooms, clean, no smoking is no smoking, AC is good, bedding is quality, pillows are good, good size fridge and 36" flat screen TV. Wireless Internet is pretty fast and easy to connect to. Breakfast is a little weak being a better quality continental. I am particular about a good breakfast and look for some fresh fruit which was lacking but the breakfast area is large and nice. Service is great, Don, the owner is very accommodating. I would definitely stay here again and have decided that Quality Inn is a hotel I would choose in the future over Best Western.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Ocala, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stay here occasionally during our travels. It's certainly not fancy, but the price is good, the beds comfortable, the AC works well, the rooms are clean and the shower is fine. All of the important basics are in place.
While it probably doesn't deserve more than 2 stars, the couple who run it are very nice and accomodating. On our last trip I asked for sugar-free pancake syrup, and they didn't have any. When we stopped again the following week (and they had no idea we would ever be back), the wife recognized me and proudly showed me that she now had the sugar-free syrup in the refrigerator. It's a little thing like that that makes this place a bit special.

Room Tip: No elevator. Ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

I've just ended a stay of approximately 3 months at the Fuquay Varina, NC, Quality Inn and I wanted to compliment the hotel and staff on their friendliness, service, room quality and economical rate. I tend to stay in hotels several weeks a year for business and I've not received better service with any other hotel. A long term stay usually gives one plenty of time to see and experience the shortcomings of a hotel and its staff but the cleanliness of the hotel, surrounding property and the daily servicing of my room was consistently of high quality. This kind of consistency is priceless for travelers.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
North carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

we stay all time overther we like there. staff is realy good fraindly.
but we always stay first floor.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

My husband and I stayed here with our 2 month old to attend a wedding. We were shocked to check in and learn there is NO ELEVATOR. Luckily it wasn't a problem, just more of a hassle to lug our suitcases and baby gear up a flight of stairs. Our room was a king suite and while it was large, I don't know if I'd classify it as a suite. The carpets, as well as the linens, looked new and very clean. Towels were better than average for this grade of hotel. The bathroom was old and kind of dingy looking, but clean. The walls are tissue paper thin, so hope for good neighbors!
The staff really makes this hotel. They are all very friendly and helpful and seem to be working hard to make sure everyone has a pleasant stay. The continental breakfast was decent and did include scrambled eggs, bacon, cinnamon buns, and biscuits and gravy. Don't know if we'd stay here again, but had a decent stay. I think the prices are slightly high considering the age of the hotel, but there is really no competition in town, so I guess they can get away with it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

I stayed in this hotel 4 nights on business. When I first checked into my room I soon realized the AC was not working. Not a good thing in August! I told the staff about it and they were very pleasant and happy to relocate me to another room. I think the hotel is just older in general. In the bathroom there was significant mold growth/stain around the fixtures and shower curtain. And the level of cleaning wasn't as detailed as I would have liked. (Corners neglected, etc.) The breakfast was good and the staff were very pleasant to be around. So not the best hotel I've stayed in but certainly not the worst either.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn Fuquay Varina? Share your experiences!