“A pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Frisco Woods Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frisco
Frisco Woods Campground
You added Frisco Woods Campground to your Saves list
53124 Nc Highway 12, PO Box 100, Frisco, Hatteras Island, NC 27936   |
Sainte-Julie, Quebec
“A pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

This campground is conveniently located, a short drive from the beach. We had one of the campsites near the sound which made for great turtle and bird watching. We didn't run into the owner, but the lady at the desk was very nice. The pool was great too. I don't know if the humour was intentional, but women are asked not to do dishes in the bathhouse while men are asked not to bring in their surfboards... But the facilities were clean and well located. More than enough machines for laundry too. We would definately go back.

Room Tip: Make sure you drive around to pick your site if you are tent camping - some are more shaded than oth...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Can't imagine what the negative reviews are about...this place is the best. We called to make sure we could arrive after hours, staff was very helpful. We were told our name would be on the late arrivals board to go to our site and check in the following day. Two days into our stay our truck broke down and again, the staff was very helpful. She even offered to pick us up from the shop after we dropped it off for repairs. The facilities were clean and maintained, campsites are beautiful (S14 the site staff recommended) and the prices were great. Sat on the porch of the store using wi-fi and could hear the one staff member laughing, talking to everyone and greeting everyone with a smile. She made me feel welcomed and even remembered my dog's name :) Can't wait to get back there next year .

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

Coming from Pennsylvania and having little experience camping such a long way from home, we were reluctant to stay at Frisco Woods based on the negative reviews we were finding. I eventually found a positive review here...it confirmed our decision on Frisco and we had an excellent time! Unfortunately cut short due to Hurricane Irene, we were evacuated 3 days before we planned to leave.

We had no problems with customer service - we met the owner and while he wasn't the most personable character he was fine to work with. In fact, he was the one who suggested we pay day to day to not lose out because of the possible evacuation. All staff we met were friendly and helpful. The grounds were well maintained and the bathrooms were fine as well. As someone else mentioned, you are camping after all. We took a dip in the pool which was also very clean and would be great if you had children.

We stayed on a primitive tent sight near the sound; it offered perfect views of the sound and just the right amount of shade. The grounds weren't crowded which also made it very peaceful. Was that due to the storm coming or just the week we were there, I don't know. We had a fire pit and were able to buy wood at the camp store which was stocked with anything you would need. The nearest beach access is just a short drive or bike ride away.

We also found a great gallery called Road's End while headed towards the end of the island; one of the great perks about this place was it's specialty beer selection if you're into that :) also an amazing display of a variety of art from NC artists.

I would recommend this campground to anyone, tenting, pop-up, RV... overall great experience. We will most certainly be back next summer!

Room Tip: Request to pay for your site day by day
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Greenbackville, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I stayed here tent camping for 3 nights this weekend.....this was a first for us. A first for tent camping since we were kids, and first time at Frisco Woods. It was wonderful....we stayed in S8, which is a tent/pop up site with electric & water....right on the sound and was gorgeous. Had lots of shade, pretty private bc it's a long site. The sunsets are beautiful...we kayaked, brought a small skiff and fished, sat and drank wine and watched the sunsets. The bathrooms were fine....it IS camping, lol....they kept them clean the best they could over a busy weekend. I have no complaints. I read awful reviews about the owner, and the customer service. I spoke with Ward when we made our reservation....he was helpful and gave us exactly what we asked for. Everyone we dealt with there was very nice....good customer service. Never used the pool, but it looked nice. The bugs were NOT a problem at all, which surprised me! Do bring your own firepit, or you cannot have a fire, and that is a must :)! We can't wait to go next year and bring the kids and the dog....we loved it, and I am so glad we chose Frisco Woods! What a great deal for an OBX trip!

Room Tip: The soundfront sites are great....S8 thru S10 have nice shade.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Cape Carteret, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

I made reservations over the phone for a weekend trip. I was told that cancellations needed to be made 7 days prior to checkin. I cancelled my reservations 22 days prior and was told I would be charged a cancellation fee. I told the lady that I was within the 7 day window and she told me that was there policy and refused to allow me to speak with a manager or owner of campgrounds. I went back and looked online and there is a statement about cancellation fee, however, my reservation was not made online but over the phone. That information was never given to me. I was very disappointed with there customer service and rudeness to me. I will never attempt to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Frisco hotels

Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

This is the second time I have stayed here with my 20 something girls and we had just as good a time as last year. We stayed over the 4th and the park was packed. Except for the one go-cart with the bass turned up as he was driving around at night, we never felt crowded. I read the negative reviews and cannot imagine what those folks are talking about. The bathrooms are old but as clean as they can be in a campground. The sound beaches are not as beautiful as the ocean, but it is great to have both so close. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

stayed once again at one of the primitive campsites with my sister and my 5 kids aged 4-14. no complaints here. pool is fun, sound is right there so the kids can play in shallow water and get hermit crabs. beach is across the street. sorry, there is no one hand-delivering your crappe-lattes tentside, but this isnt the french riviera.

Room Tip: pick what you want, primitive, rv hookup, or cabin
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Frisco Woods Campground? Share your experiences!