“Good Value...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sapphire Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Franklin
Sapphire Inn
761 E. Main St., Franklin, NC 28734   |
Ranked #10 of 13 hotels in Franklin
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Good Value...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

This is a very nice motel, good value, good beds, and nice people that works there, check in and out was very fast and easy. There is only one thing that I would change. When we arrived there was only 1 bath towel and one hand towel in the room. We did ask for more and housekeeping brought them to us. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Asheville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

fleas in the bed a smell like old onions I refused to take a shower etc..bad bad place..spend your money somewhere eles..my husband called it the flea bag inn

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

We didn't have a horrible experience, but it's just nothing about this hotel is even average. The room had a bad smell (like an old RV). There were cobwebs in the corners. The smoke detector was disconnected. The body towels were the size of the ones a salon uses on your hair and were half the thickness. Let's just say that I was so happy I had brought a sheet, blanket and pillows along because there was no way I was going to pull back the comforter and sleep in that bed nor was I willing to put my bare feet on the floor. I'm not sure what hotel the other people who posted reviews stayed in, but it wasn't where I stayed.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

This hotel is older and could use some updating, but the room was clean and very roomy. It is locally owned and operated. The large room had a 2 chairs and a small table. It had a mirco/fridge. The tv was small, I think a 19" but had many channels.
Breakfast has hot and cold cereal, individually packaged pastries, orange juice, coffee, and tea. The hotel is a good value based on rates in this part of North Carolina.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

The rooms are old (I think it was built in the 50's) but they are clean, comfortable and what's best.....affordable. The staff is very friendly and will accommodate you with everything you need for a pleasant stay. It is located in the downtown area of Franklin...not far from great "mom and pop" shops and restaurants. My girlfriend and I come to Franklin 3 to 4 times a year to "rock hound" We've stayed in many other motels in the Franklin area (which I have written reviews for as well) and we can honestly say, "None of them come close to the value and friendlyness of the Sapphire Inn." The only negetive thing I would say about the room is the traffic noise. It can be loud at times. We brought a small portable fan........traffic noise solved.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Concord, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

I traveled to Franklin with my 12 year old grandson and a friend of his for 5 days of gem mining. This motel is delightful. The couple who are innkeepers are exceptionally nice ... and friendly ... and so acommodating. We received everything we needed, including an extra blanket, extra towels. The room was very spacious with a frig (that worked well), a microwave, a table where we played cards. The beds were extremely comfortable and that's a BIG requirement for me. The pool is so clean and my kids had a blast there. We mined every day - and came home every day so muddy. A water hose around back took care of that problem for us. The continental breakfast was perfect for my boys. There's internet access and two computers for use in the lobby. I can't say enough good about this place. Yep, if I'm traveling to a CITY, or you're on a honeymoon, I'd shop for luxury, but for our trip, it was perfect.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
McComb, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2008

This is your typical 1950's motel. Mom and Pop operation, for sure. Very clean and comforable. Courteous staff. Average continental bkfst. Great value. Perfect for a nights rest, but probably not for a final destination. Good wi-fi. Good shower.

Stayed October 2008

Been to Sapphire Inn? Share your experiences!