“Even a glitch with electricty doesn't hamper Cafe Rel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 70 Restaurants in Franklin
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Dessert
TampaBay
“Even a glitch with electricty doesn't hamper Cafe Rel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Cafe Rel opened for the 2013 summer season On June 3 with a slight problem - power to the kitchen. But the superb staff had that solved in just minutes and before patrons poured in to fill the bistro for lunch. Quickly servers brought the signature appetizer of French bread and tomato and olive oil dipping sauce to the tables and took orders. I have come to love their grilled salmon and my enthusiasm apparently impressed my husand as he asked for the grilled salmon sandwich. I did my usual request for the Ceasar salad without Ceasar dressing as I prefer the lighter and less caloric balsamic vinegarett. And mine was topped with grilled salmon as well. We were not disappointed in any way and plan to return as often as we can this summer. There was a line waiting as we left. Don't forget they don't take reservations or credit cards. When you are this good you don't have to.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Ate here with my mother after many people recommended us to this spot. The food was fabulous and the portion sizes gave you plenty for left overs. The only negative is that it's attached to a gas station and they don't serve beer.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Okeechobee, Florida
“Great food, service was just ok...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Food was very good and the price was a little high but had great portions and you leave very full. Waitress was a little on the slow side and just wasn't very welcoming.

Visited April 2013
Macon, Georgia
“Very European!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

You drive up to an ugly gas station and wonder if you're making a terrible mistake...NOT! It is one of the best places to eat in the South. You enter the door and you are transformed to France. The atmosphere is very French...as are the wait staff. The menu is pretty simple...they specialize and work on perfection rather than a large selection. The deserts are fabulous...if you save room. I believe they also offer a complimentary treat for birthday folks. You cannot go wrong here...it is a place we try to never miss when we are in that area. Be prepared to be shocked at it's location...but don't miss it!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charleston, South Carolina
“Caffe Rel - Must have had a bad night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We arrived around 7:00 PM. I ordered the Asian Chicken Salad ( good) and my husband had one of the specials - meatballs and linguine with a side disk of what I thought was fresh vegs. The waitress had this strange look on her face when I only ordered the salad. Guess it was not enough money to be spending! When my husband's food came it was enough to feed 2-3 people. The linguine was overcooked. The meatballs tasted as if a jar of parsley and oregano had been dumped into the meat. We love seasoned food, but this was way too much. We tried the vegetables. The wine flavor was so strong neither of us could eat them. When my husband went to pay at the counter, the "owner"/"manager" was arguing with him about the amount of tip he wanted to leave. Rude Rude Rude. Loved Franklin - but will never go back to this place.

• Visited April 2013