“Excellent BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Bryson City
“Excellent BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The portions are large. The price was little above average. I have been several times and the food and service is always good. The only complaint I have is there hot sauce needs way more kick for my liking.

Visited January 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“We love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We actually arranged the trip to spend the night in Franklin so we could have dinner here. Pulled Pork is very good. Good selection of beer to go with it.

Visited January 2013
Annapolis, Maryland, USA
“Good, but nothing special.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife and I came to Fat Buddies on a whim while staying in Franklin recently. The staff were generally very friendly, the service was great, and the food came super quick. However, we weren't greeted by a host until five or six minutes after entering the store. Therefore we, and about six other people, stood confused waiting for someone to say hello, this while two-thirds of the whole restaurant stood absolutely empty and employees seemed to be joking around with each other oblivious to the front door. Don't know what this was about, but it really put us off to start. The food was decent, but not what you'd expect from North Carolina style BBQ. The meat was smoky and flavorful, but the only sauce on the table was a sugary BBQ sauce. I was hoping for a vinegar sauce, but no big deal. In terms of food, Fat Buddies is ok; a filling, quick meal. In terms of service (with the exception of waiting far too long upon entering), it's also quite good. Additionally, I felt the prices were a bit high for quality and portions, and be prepared to deal with FOX News on several TVs while you eat.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
East Glacier Park
“Good ole Fashion Bar B Q”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Food was good, near KC Bar B Q Standards, wife and I returned here a couple of times. Staff was johney on the the spot. Food was hot.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada
“What a place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Don't let the fact that this place is in a strip mall foul you, they have some great BBQ.

We stopped on for lunch and had the check and ribs. The chicken was the best smoked chicken I have ever eaten; it was tender, juicy and full of flavour. The ribs were tender and melted in my mouth.

When I get a chance to go back, we will definitely be going...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere