“Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Franklin
Miami, Florida
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

From our welcome dinner party to our after BBQ party the motel makes sure we have a memorable time. I have booked the ENTIRE motel now for about 5 years for the Miami Firefighter Retirees that attend a BBQ in Otto,NC. The Staff is fabulous and go above and beyond to make sure the firefighters have a great time and feel welcome. The motel is clean, the property is beautiful, there is a pool and play area for the children, a contential breakfast that is very nice but most of all their rates are reasonable. The cabins are so nice and fully stocked and the beds are super comfortable. On behalf of the Retired Miami Firefighters thank you for a great time and we will see you next year and many more years to come.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Anderson, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The Carolina Motel is one of the cleanest basic motels that I have encountered. Do not expect anything fancy, not even an in room fridge in our unit (maybe others have one) but the room was impeccably clean. The staff is friendly. The property is beautiful and has a lovely playground and nice pool (outdoor). These folks know the local area well- just ask.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We have stayed here before and it is always very clean, comfortable, great value with a super staff. We have stayed at other hotels and motels in Franklin, but find that the Carolina Motel is the best.

Room Tip: Only thing I can say is try to get a room away from the ice machine, a little loud at times.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
King George, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I just returned from our vacation where we stayed in the one bedroom cabin on this property. Everything was extremely clean, the cabin was fully stocked, the staff were some of the nicest people I have met and the price was great!! As far as contential breakfasts goes, I was very pleased. I would highly recommend this hotel, my husband has already decided we are going to stay there next year also - and he is very picky when it comes to hotels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Utrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We spent a night here in April 2012 and were pleasantly surprised. For this kind of money ($60) we usually get a basic room and basic service.

Upon arrival the general manager gave us a map of the area and some tips for spending our time in Franklin. She also upgraded us to a bigger room, since there were very few people staying there at the time.

The hotel looks nice form the outside, a bit vintage and colourful, like it could be on route 66. The rooms are very clean and quite spacious. I would defenitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Huron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Our family booked their large(six person) cabin for three days in August. The cabin was nice and roomy. It was clean, but there were mice droppings in the cupboards, on the toaster, and on some spots on the floor. There was a mouse trap behind the microwave. We didn't complain. We just figured that was the norm in the mountains. The cleaning staff did an amazing job everyday, even changing our sheets on day two. We paid $200 per night. There was a nice front porch which we sat on nightly and in the mornings. The windows didn't lock and it was obviously they were older. The window in the bathroom didn't have any trim. The two bedrooms were nice and large and comfy. The free continental breakfast located at the main hotel was not good. They offered bagels, french toast, cereal. Both toasters didn't seem to work very well. They didn't have any real butter. They offered high sugar yogurt. So, we only did the free breakfast the one day. We ate out for breakfast the other days. All in all, the place was pretty good, but for the money we spent per night, I will look to an actual cabin somewhere else in Franklin.

Room Tip: If you do choose one of two of their cabins, definately pick the larger one(6 person). The four per...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
debbiedrake, General Manager at Carolina Motel, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you so much on your recent review of our hotel.

We were very fortunate to recently have you and your family as guests in our (2) bedroom log cabin. This is actually a real log cabin with 1200 sq. feet of space with central heat & ac. This cabin has real cedar logs inside & out. This may attribute to the fact that you have brought up about the bathroom window. We recently installed new bathroom shower stalls and they had to be cut out so it only left the window and the window sill. You have brought a great issue to my attention about the window locks. New brass lock were installed last year, however, the style of the window being older I can see how many people would not understand how they function. The windows can be opened from the top or the bottom, many guests love to open the windows at night for the fresh mountain air. I have compiled a simple instruction sheet for guests to refer to while staying in the cabin.
We do offer many other amenities with our cabins that you have mentioned. Continental breakfast, daily maid service and a beautiful eleven (11) foot deep pool on the hotel property.
If you do not wish to use the kitchen in your cabin we offer continental breakfast in the lobby every morning. It is difficult to meet everyone's desires and dietary needs. Most guests prefer low fat butter substituties and low fat milk. We do provide sugar free items upon request with approppriate notice. We do offer Land of Lakes butter substitute and Yoplait yogurt. Breakfast consists of 2 cereals, milk, OJ, coffee, tea, Sara Lee blueberry or banana nut muffins, French toast, bagels, Yoplait yogurt, Dole fruit cups, fresh fruit, bananas, apples & oranges. Philly cream cheese, Smuckers surup, grape or strawberry jellies. Most of our guest do find this adequate for a continental breakfast. I have purchased a new toaster, the second toaster if fairly new but I do agree with you, that it is a very poor design. I would especially like to thank you for recognizing our housekeeping staff they do a terrific job and help us to maintain our (100%) sanitation score. You are correct about the mice being an on going problem in the mountains, however, I have increased inspections of the cabins. This is something that you should not have been subjected to. Again I would like to thank you so much, these reviews help us to learn our weak points as well as our strong ones.

Debbie Drake/ General Manager
Villa Rica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My title says it all...Well most of it! Seriously y'all! I am NOT a prude or expect the Ritz, but this hotel to me should be JUST for truckers! The grounds are clean and the hotel LOOKS great from the road, but the rooms are SO outdated and so cheap! We did not have to stay the two night minimum so I do not know why others were made to stay. We stayed in one of the rooms to the very right hand side. The smell of must about knocked me over when we opened the door.! The bed was horrible, and yes there was bed bugs and ants in the bed and in the room. We had to sleep with the back window open due to the smell. The carpet was so nasty I never took my shoes off and husband walked around in socks!
If you read my other reviews you will see that I am not picky at all, but do expect good accommodations for the price I am paying!! If I were you, I would fine something comparable in the area or spend alittle more. I only wrote this review to warn others! I wasn't going to write one at all. Momma always told me if you can't say anything nice......Well thought in this case I should!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
As manager of the Carolina Motel I am shocked by your review.

I would very much like for you to contact me personally so I can verifity your stay with us. The only conclusion that I can come to, is that you did not stay at the Carolina Motel. Perhaps, you have us confused with another property in Franklin.

1) Our sanitation score is 100% which we receive from the Macon County Department of Health. To the best of my knowledge we are the only hotel in Franklin, N.C. with this score!!!!!!

2) You have stated that you stayed in a room to the very right hand side. Our hotel is L shaped and there are only rooms to one side of our all glass enclosed lobby.

3) All of the beds in our hotel are new Sealy Posterpedic beds. Dozens of guests have called to request the make and brand name so they can purchase them.

4) We do NOT have bedbugs or ants.

5) We shampoo the carpets on a regular basis and whenever needed. These records are available for review.

6) The last time I stayed at a Ritz-Carlton property I paid over $500.00 per night, it was more luxuroius but not any cleaner than our hotel.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Debbie Drake/ General Manager
Carolina Motel

Been to Carolina Motel? Share your experiences!