“So good, we went two days in a row. Hawaiian Sunset roll is awesome.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sakura Japanese Grill & Sushi Bar

Ranked #31 of 70 Restaurants in Franklin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
“So good, we went two days in a row. Hawaiian Sunset roll is awesome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is a great Japanese restaurant and has all of what you would expect, plus a little more. Their pink sauce is delicious and a little bolder than other tepanyaki sauces. The prices are a good value for the portions. You can tell that the food is freshly prepared. If you get a chance, stop in and order the Hawaiian Sunset roll. It is just simply the best sushi roll my kids and I have ever had. My son picked it for lunch the next day, just to order a Hawaiian Sunset Roll just for himself. They don't have a special kids menu, but the use the lunch menu for them all day for a smaller portion. My youngest son got Shrimp Pad Thai and it was just about the best I have ever tasted. We will make a special trip back if we are in the area.

Visited June 2013

Okeechobee, Florida
“Great food, Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Food was very good, service was excellent and the price was just right. We left very full and satisfied. Must visit while your there!

Visited April 2013
“Excellent!! : )”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

We were staying in Sylva for a 3 day weekend and tried Sakura our first night. It was so amazing we ended up dining here all 3 days. The sushi was fresh, beautifully presented and at a great price. We tried something new everyday and were always pleased. We will definitely eat here again when we are in the area. The staff was very knowledgeable of the menu and helpful with suggesting dishes.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Sushi in the mountains...who knew?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

While visiting Franklin, I talked my friend into trying this Japanese restaurant! I am so glad we went because the sushi was excellent. The only place I have had better was in NYC. SOME ADVICE: Sit at the sushi bar, service is much better there and it gives you a chance to watch Bennie prepare your food and give suggestions and guidance on the different offers. We started with the edamame and wine, the bartender Joe, was great and also made some suggestions on things he loved. He suggested the Hawaiian Roll, which did turn out to be my favorite. We also ordered more of a sample platter, just to taste several items...everything was great. We enjoyed the food and service so much that we ate there twice in a four day trip! One small con...when we were first set at a table, the server wasn't very friendly and didn't seem familiar with the menu. Over the years, I've found that the bar is the best place to sit, if you have questions or are in an unfamiliar place...I asked if we could move to the sushi bar...so glad we did, the servers were 100% better and were full of information! Can't wait to return to Franklin for more sushi!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Franklin, NC
“Delicious Japanese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

They have authentic Japanese food. If you like sushi it is nice and fresh. The teriyaki is very good and one of my favories. Good atmosphere and great service.

Visited March 2013