“we loved it here” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
zanesville OH
“we loved it here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

We loved it at the Comfort Inn in Franklin NC we were close to walmart and places to eat also it is quiet little town not much to do but go hiking, fishing , swimming, and gem mineing but it is beautful and i would love to go back there sometime my wife and my son and I came to the comfort inn for a weekend and it was so fun not only out of the hotel but in it also my son had a blast swimming in there pool. and the beds were comfortible and the room smeled gerat as if the housekeeper was in it cleaning it it had new carpet and fee wifi also when we checked in the front desk clurck was very sweet she helped us to a nice resterant and was very nice to my son he seamed to like it there also when we came to check in the girl at the front desk was very bussy but she was very fast and she got everyone that was standing there in to there rooms very quickly . I would love to come back to Franklin NC sometime soon and i will stay at the Comfort INN for sure it was very clean.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
GMNC373, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2011
Thanks for the positive review
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

my family and I stayed at the comfort inn it was the best that i have stayed in in a while the staff was very nice and helpful she gave us good place to eat and was very nice about it she made us a map and everything she was sweet to ower baby and she helped us with what ever we needed and you could tell hat she liked her job and that she was fomiller with the area i like that there is some one there that is not lost when you ask them were to find something . was

• Stayed September 2011
GMNC373, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2011
Thanks for the review
raleigh nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stopped in for a night on a detour through the mountains on the way back from Atlanta. We arrived without reservations around dinner, we're well treated by the front desk clerk, checked into our rooms, and sent out with several good dinner recommendations. While this property is a bit older than the one we stayed at in GA last week, it is still well maintained and run. It met all of my expectations for a mid-range corporate chain hotel in a tourist area. We normally stay at inns and B&B's when traveling in this area, but we needed 3 rooms and none of them could accommodate our needs this trip. I would stay here again if I needed to.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Bessemer, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

My stay was 10/21/11. I was not impressed. I checked in around 6 pm with a reservation and was told to wait to see if they had the room ready. Front desk attendant not very friendly or personable. I was very dissatisfied to find that it is a pet friendly hotel because the Choice Privileges website says they don't accept pets. Nothing against folks that want to take their pets with them, but I have had a bad experience with pet friendly hotels smelling like wet dogs on the linens. Anyway, I never book pet friendly hotels. By the time I found out this was pet friendly, it was too late to find other accomodations. I was given a handicap room which I did not request. I don't know how someone handicapped could have gotten in that tub, but nevertheless it had all the hand rails, etc. That would have been okay, but the shower was only the hand held kind & not much of a shower at that. The bathroom was large but no vanity at all to put all your stuff. Only a sink. Definitely not the kind of room I was expecting & I heard they were booked when I checked in so I didn't even bother to try to change rooms. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
GMNC373, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Thanks for the review
October is our busiest time of the year all hotels in the region are very pricey and are more pricey on the weekends. We are a seasonal business so our prices do reflect. When a customer books online at choice hotels and picks a handicap room that is what they reserved.
The hotel only goes by what the guest books. To me, credibility of a tripadvisor review is linked to how many reviews the poster has. More postings perhaps means a broader hotel experience than someone who has just a few experiences.
Thanks
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

When planning a trip to go gem mining in a small, rural town in the mountains of North Carolina you just don't know what to expect and I was most concerned about finding a good hotel - I thought it may be so far from civilization I'd be stuck in some little hunting cabin with spiders in it!

I will say I found the town, the people and this hotel all great - there's a Walmart and grocery store and several fast food places right by this hotel, and every person we met were very pleasant and friendly. This hotel was a short drive to the Mason Mountain Mine & Cowee Gift Shop that we went gem mining at every day, and it was close to the business district of Franklin and the main highways.

The staff were all very efficient and competent but could use just a little training in being more gracious...you know the whole "ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen" attitude that hotel staff everywhere should adopt? Instead of short yes or no answers, management should train them to chat and smile just a bit more.

The hotel itself was pretty clean and modern and our smoking room I got for my husband did not "reek" at all - the smoking area had more of a smoky wood smell then any dirty ashtray smell...they obviously keep the hotel clean and the air filtering system up because I have smelled stinky hotels before and this wasn't one of them. Die hard militant non-smokers will of course hate this or any hotel with smoking rooms, but I don't smoke and found it fine.

There is almost no internet/data service in this mountain area and often no cell service, so the fact this hotel had wi-fi was great so at the end of the day we could check our emails and go online. The lobby and public areas are clean and well-lit and there was a nice seperate room for the breakfast.

I was so glad to have a decent hotel that I found our 4-day stay here very good, but here are a few things I found needing improvement besides the staff training mentioned above:
1. No bananas on the breakfast bar - really not many people eat whole apples or peaches for breakfast. It was great for my husband that they had eggs and sausage, but as a vegetarian/healthy eater I only had a couple things I could eat so I missed bananas.
2. They need to improve the in-room and breakfast bar coffee - in this day and age of Starbucks addicts most businesses are vamping up their coffee quality. The coffee at this hotel was really bland and watery so I had to stop at McDonald's every morning for good coffee.
3. The bath towels were TINY!!! Unless you're an anorexic Hollywood starlet, you will find these tiny towels don't wrap around you and they're not very soft either.

Other than that though, the overall stay was very acceptable and I would stay there again!

Room Tip: We had a king suite and it was very roomy for our 4-day stay.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
GMNC373, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Thanks for your review
We appreciate comments and will do our best to serve guest needs everyday
Thanks
lawrenceville,ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I am a gold level with Choice, Holiday Inn and Hilton...I stay quite a few nights per year in hotels. This location was just perfect for the area it serves. A low keyed and restful environment. The check in was very smooth, the room was comfortable and the rate was acceptable. I do not think the taxes charged are up to the individual hotels to negotiate. They are determined by the area and would apply to any lodging establishment. Perhaps those who do not travel are unaware. The front desk manager was very cordial and we actually had a lengthy conversation with him about his area and our area of Atlanta. He was pleasant and considerate of our needs. We would certainly stay here again! To me, credibility of a tripadvisor review is linked to how many reviews the poster has. More postings perhaps means a broader hotel experience than someone who has just a few experiences.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
GMNC373, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
thanks you for your positive review the managers and the whole staff work very hard everyday
we appreciate your positive feedback, please come see us again
knoxville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

For a Comfort Inn motel/hotel this location isn't up to the standards for a choice motel.This motel is apparently owned/operated by Indians(middle eastern).I'm not prejudiced but from my experience of the owned type of restaurants they are basically cheap in offering/accomodations.First the hot tub didn't work and the pool wasn't heated as informed and the ceiling needs repairs.The refridgerator in room had food left in it from prior stay.The exhaust switch was behind the bathroom upon entering.The breakfast was better than expected with a round piece of egg and a small piece of sausage but the cereal/milk/pastries was okay.And upon reviewing my banking statement I was overcharged if that wasn't enough.They tax for hotel,state,town of franklin and county.I expected more for the $79.80/nt rate!

Room Tip: Stay in another town.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
GMNC373, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2011
we are sorry you were not happy with your stay here ,our hotel is up to comfort inn standards we are inspected 4 times per year from corporate and always pass with highest scores. this business we are in is a people business i can assure you we make most clients happy there are some you can never make happy. fyi about 80% of hotels and motels are owned by indian americans. it is very wrong of you to bring this to a racist matter. we have very high scores from corporate and local health departments thanks gm

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!