“Seems Pretty Good To Me” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Franklin, North Carolina
“Seems Pretty Good To Me”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Aftewr reading some of the previous negative reviews I decided to give Blue Ridge a "test" visit on my own. Here are my observations:

*Entered restaurant and was greeted immediately and was on the way to our booth wwhen I asked to hostess if we could be seated in the opposite end of the restaurant. No problem, she was more than happy to seat us in our requested booth.

*Server, very friendly, came to the booth and told us about the specials and got our drink orders. Brought those back very quickly and took our meal orders. BTW, the two specials included a choice of 2 sides. The specials were not ala carte. We made our order a bit difficult by ordering one of their lite fare items and then a soup and salad as a meal. My meal did not come with a salad so I asked our server if I could share some of my wife's salad without extra charge. No problem, she brought an exrtra salad plate for me and enough salad in the serving bowl for 2 or 3 additional salads!!!!

* Meal arrived quickly and everything was as we ordered it. I had prime rib and it was tender and flavorful. Not the best prime rib I have ever eaten but was very good. Soup (French Onion) and salad were good also.

Overall, NOTHING wrong happened during our visit. Food was good and served promptly. Service was good and friendly. Two special requests were handled quickly and without any negative attitude from the hostess or server.

I will gladly return

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

59% Recommend
Franklin, North Carolina
“Everything Ala carte, forget it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

When everything is Ala carte you begin to wonder what these people are thinking. They need to take lessons from Fatz restaurant. Food was not that great, neither was the service and waited way too long for food to arrive. Will not give them a second chance for sure. They do not seem to care even if you bring things to their attention.

Visited March 2013
Colorado Springs
“Fun place with ok steaks and ok service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

The food is ok here. Really, for a place that claims he best steaks in western North Carolina, I was disappointed. Our service was just so-so. The atmosphere is fun, though!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Beyond Bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The worse Service,fat sloppy waitress's with no manners/ prime rib was like tough horsemeat/ ordered a beefeater martini straight up extra dry well chilled with an olive, barmaid had no idea of what I was talking about, pours one oz of beefeater in a large martini glass puts in olive, gin did not even cover the olive and serves me. I thought this was a joke they were pulling on me , but they were serious, called over a manager(young girl) who was clueless to my complaint, then they give me a $6.00 tab for the drink.This place opened a few years ago and was ok to begin with and has steadily slipped into the catagory of one of the worse dining experiences in America.Orders take a lifetime to come out of the kitchen, never all at once,The only good thing I can say about this place is that when they finally go under from ripping everyone off it will be good riddance and please let new ownership have someone who has a clue what the resturaunt business is all about.

Visited December 2012
Franklin, North Carolina, United States
“bbq place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

we have been here, but they now have changed menu quite a bit. and now it is all ala carte. it does have a full bar.

Visited July 2012