“Horrible Customer Service!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Franklin
Franklin, North Carolina
“Horrible Customer Service!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I was on a business trip and needed a place to rest our heads after a long days drive and work. Unfortunately a gem show was in town at the time so i resorted to mom & pop "local" hotels.

I have worked and managed hotels in California and Missouri. Never in my years have I had to deal with such a jerk of a man! He was rude, condescending and not helpful AT ALL and required me to check-in before 5pm because HE HAD SOMETHING TO DO!!! What the?! You have something to do? well i'm traveling across country and need a place to rest my head..sorry i can't be there in YOUR time. While the price is cheap, dealing with the owner is not worth the $$!! GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

Room Tip: I did not stay here so the ratings do not apply. Very unfriendly place to even communicate with!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Davie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

This is an older hotel; clean and budget-friendly. There is a coffee maker in the room with terrible coffee. Downstairs there is a continental breakfast with much better coffee, two dry cereals, regular and cinnamon-raisin bread for toast and glazed doughnuts. The staff is friendly. There are no toiletries other than thin soap that broke easily but smelled good. Towels were great, thick and clean like new. Bathrooms are old and quite small but everything worked.
The hotel is facing the street and some traffic noise could be heard earlier in the night. The t.v. is small and old, but we did not care to watch it anyway. The beds were comfortable. The heater worked well and was very quiet. The pool looked nice but was closed for repairs when we were staying there. The room had a microwave and refrigerator.

Room Tip: This is an older hotel; clean and budget-friendly. There is a coffee maker in the room with terrible...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Rock Hill, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We went for a short weekend visit, staying one night and I am certainly happy that that was ALL we paid for.........our refrigerator had old food left from God only knows how long in it, the beds were not changed and it was obvious since we had PUBIC hairs in our sheets. The sink had not been washed out since there were splattered coffee that was dried in it. And the floor lamp had an exposed wire so that when we tried to cut the lamp off, my son was shocked. I can only imagine if it had been our 4 year old who had tried to cut it off. It was the last vacancy and the ONLY vacancy so we had no choice but to stay.....when brought to the managers attention the next morning, he stated that we should have told them so we could be moved to another room.......THERE WAS NO OTHER ROOM, no vacancies at all, and we were told that...I would advise anyone not to stay here,

Room Tip: Be sure to check your sheets very well when you enter your room and also any refrigerators to see if...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
East Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

We stayed in two rooms in this older 50's style hotel about 4 miles south of Franklin proper. Park in front of the units, go into the reception area and wait briefly on someone to arrive. The hotel rooms had electric baseboard heating and window air units. The rooms had a 19 inch box tv and a couple of chairs. The rooms were clean and that is the most important thing of all.

The box springs were former Marriott box springs or were so marked. Coffee and typical towels for this type of hotel. There was a small clothes hanging bin with no hangers, no dirty clothes bags and the light over the sink did eventually come after about a half hour.
The rooms had the essentials.

My chief concern with the hotel is that some sites have this listed as a two star hotel, ie Hotwire. I do not understand how this could be a two star site. If it is then I clearly will never secure a one star site just as I will never use Hotwire to buy a two star hotel.

I had looked at TA for hotel recommendations in Franklin and based upon my readings of TA choose to instead use Hotwire to secure what I reasonably thought would be a chain hotel. Prior to using Hotwire I actually declined to select this hotel and felt comfortable buying thru Hotwire because the Hotwire hotel rate without the Hotwire fees was higher than what I could secure myself directly from this hotel. Thus it was logical to presume that this hotel would not be selected by Hotwire since the rate without fees was higher from Hotwire. In the end, I paid more for this hotel using Hotwire than I could have gotten directly and got a clean room at one star hotel.

In summary, a clean spartan hotel that will serve your basic needs but it is not a good value. We saw lots of other local hotels and some chains that we will consider next trip and the real lesson is never use Hotwire for a two star hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

My wife, kids and myself checked into this lovely little motel fir a weekend stay. It is a little farther into town when coming into Franklin from Asheville but worth the few minutes of driving. The place is clean, quiet and the staff was nice. I will stay here again next time we come back into town.

• Stayed January 2011

Been to Colonial Inn? Share your experiences!