“1950's decor with 2014 menu” 5 of 5 stars

+1 828-524-0099
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 71 Restaurants in Franklin
Franklin, North Carolina, United States
“1950's decor with 2014 menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014 NEW

As residents of Franklin with plenty of fast food hamburger restaurants with the standard menus available, we take a break from them all by eating at the Motor Company. Our server, Olivia, was super friendly and efficient. Hubby loves the bbq burger and I tried the catfish--yum!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Super Tasty and Friendly Service - And Don't Skip the Soda Fountain!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2014 NEW

My wife and I stopped by after a walk on the LTR Greenway during a warm fall day. We were seeking refreshing mid-afternoon treats or sodas. The place has a great 1950's style diner vibe, is right downtown on Main St. and is clean, fun and friendly all around!

The staff seated us immediately at the Soda Fountain where *Kendra* gave us attentive service and made some of the best hand-dipped shakes and floats we've ever had! Seriously lovely.
The chocolate Shake was DEEP in rich chocolate flavor, whipped cream and a cherry, while the Root Beer float (Barq's - yum!) was the perfect blend of ice cream and root beer. All the flouishes of an old time soda "jerk" were provided, right down to the thick straws w/paper swirls!

We heard that the place is crowded until midnight after Franklin HS football games, and it is the "go to" place for motorcyclists, bikers and car enthusiasts when in the mountains. We will be back for the great food, service and sodas!

Hamlet, Indiana
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2014 NEW

Last night my wife and I ate here for the fourth time since we moved. The food has always been terrific and the staff has always been friendly. Love the decor of a 50's diner. For us its convenient as its a block away. We have pretty much tried every food place in town and this is one of only a couple that we love and frequent often. Last night there were some couples who brought their beautiful antique cars. They had one couple who owned a Hudson Hornet park their car in a spot right outside the front door. All the patrons enjoyed seeing the car and took lots of pics. I for one look forward to many more visits in the future.

“Great food, awesome patio, pet friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2014 NEW via mobile

Nicole, our server gave great service. The hawaiian bbq burger/club sandwich were delicious. Served our drinks and came out with water for our pup. Will be back next time in town

Franklin, NC
“Bad food, server with attitude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2014 NEW

I ordered a fried fish plate for my lunch. The fish was very overcooked and very dry. Could not eat it because that is how bad it was and left most it on my plate. Tartar sauce looked like it was made last week and I did not want to get sick from it. Fries were cooked in old oil. Service was poor and waitress had an attitude. My wife had the special and it was okay. Will never go there again and now I know why I stopped going there.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
MotorCoManager, Owner at Motor co. grill, responded to this review, 4 days ago
I apologize that your experience on this visit did not meet your expectations. We have shared your complaint about the fish being overcooked with our kitchen staff and our kitchen manager will be closely monitoring the procedures used for cooking fish with all cooks to make sure they are following those procedures correctly.

In regard to your statement about the tartar sauce looking like it was made last week I can assure you it was not. All of our sauces are made fresh, daily, in house and we use only quality ingredients.

We have also spoken with the server that waited on you concerning your statement about her attitude.

We strive on a daily basis to give every guest a quality meal and a great experience served by a friendly, happy, helpful server. We apologize once again we were unable to make you happy.